Lock Bash help please!

mayorez

Author's instructions:

-- Install ---
Extract DAZIPs.
Install with \Dragon Age Origins\bin_ship\daupdater.exe.

Then the editing of the file "DragonAge.ini":

-- Configuration ---

Open DragonAge.ini, found in:
\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings

And add the following lines to the bottom:

[xatmos]
BashChestsOnly=0
BashJustBash=0
BashAchievement=0
BashEXP=1
BashCanRogue=1
BashCanWarrior=1
BashCanWizard=1
BashCanOther=1
BashNoRequirements=0
BashItemBreakNotice=1
BashItemBreakChance=MEDIUM
BashStatRogue=DEXTERITY
BashStatWarrior=STRENGTH
BashStatWizard=MAGIC
BashStatOther=STRENGTH
BashDifficulty=NORMAL

Then an explanation of the settings:

Most of these options are self-explanatory but here are some details on the less obvious ones:
- BashNoRequirements will always allow bashing regardless of stats (applies to doors always, but chests only when BashItemBreakChance is set to NONE).
- BashItemBreakChance has four settings, LOW (~20%), MEDIUM (~33%), HIGH (~50%), and NONE. When set to NONE there is no chance of breaking items, however you will instead have to pass a "bash" check, unless BashNoRequirements is also set.
- BashAchievement causes bashing to count towards the lockpick achievement.
- BashJustBash will cause the player to bash away even if there is a chance to break items and an eligible lockpicker (other than yourself) present.
- BashDifficulty has three settings, EASY, NORMAL, and HARD, which correspond to the stat requirements to bash the most difficult locks in the game (31, 46, and 61, respectively).

Which of these is giving you problems?

I followed the mods instructions but when I go to the daupdater.exe the file isnt there so I guess I dont really know what to do with a ".7z" file. Like I said in my initial post, I am not very good with computers and I worked on this awhile and still can't figure it out. Any detailed tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

The DAUpdater program only recognizes one file type, ".dazip" files. But Lock Bash (and many, many other mods) are packaged as some other type in order to make things easier for everyone (except those who have no idea what they're doing.)

".7z", (and ".zip", and ".rar", and ".tar", and a bunch of other file types) are "compressed", or "archive" files. They contain one ore more other files that have been packaged to reduce their size, or to group multiple files together, or both.

You must have the appropriate utility program to uncompress, (also called "unzip", or "extract") the contents of the archive in order to do anything with it. This seems to be the step you're missing. See the 7-Zip page to download just that program, or get a full-featured one such as WinZip that can handle all the common compression formats.

• 5 years later...

Hi, I'm not sure if ppl will see this since the thread is old, but I have tried using both dragon age mod manager and the daoupdater.exe to install this mod (and have inserted the code to the .ini file), but it does not seem to have any effect in game. It says either that I need a key or that I have insufficient skill. Modifying the script to lower skill requirements hasn't helped. Any ideas?

EDIT: Please ignore it just started working!

Edited by Ratharax

• 3 years later...