• AlienSlof
  3. 3. Moderators of old times

• Stampede
    • Switch
    • Serpent of Shadows
    • Malchik
    • Povuholo
    • Peregrine

I have removed my vote and voted once again for Bben and Dark0ne and this time I also voted for Pavuholo. He is the only of the old ones I've seen around.

I can't vote. I like each person for different reasons, so I celebrate them all! Corny? :geek: maybe. True? yes. :turned: Each has a distinct personality and has their own unique qualities in their role as admin or moderator.

Dark0ne- without him the site would not exist, plus he's very straightforward with the rules and shows total support and confidence in his fellow admins and moderators. That's a very important aspect in attracting and keeping folks who WANT to volunteer for jobs that can't be easy and take up personal time. He appears to be a good captain. An entrepreneur, I expect great things from him in the future, now that he's graduated undergrad.

LHammonds- made the beautiful Lamps of Oblivion mod which I couldn't live without. Answers questions quickly. Has a good sense of humor; direct, sarcastic in a good way as was mentioned. I like reading his comments.

Buddah- again, answers questions quickly and simply. A straight shooter also. Is fair but firm. Makes no bones about speaking his mind, yet gives thoughtful assistance when he sees someone needs it.

Vagrant- always did crack me up before he became a mod. He had a sarcastic way about him that put folks in their place, yet gave good, helpful information when needed. He was a good choice. Leader of The Colored Rooms Project, a very ambitious and good mod idea. Always loved that avatar of his. :tongue:

Bben- helped me overcome my fear of adding mods to my game. My first mod was his and the dagger is still there as a tribute. Always willing to help when folks need it. Solicits feedback, letting others know he has a "thick skin" so it'll take more than an ill worded comment to rile him up, and he's interested in improving to help others like at Storm Raven Library.

Myrmaad- I don't know her as well, but from what I've seen, she is fair and is not afraid to wield the ban hammer. Does so with tact and courtesy often for idiots that don't deserve her kind nature. Offers help when needed.

Alienslof- a very sassy spirit, speaks her mind, has spiders on her sig and avatar. :cool: Just a cool chick that again, is never afraid to speak her mind or slam the ban hammer and is not all that nice about it when the situation calls for that level of intervention. I like that about her.

Each one does their job. WE all know what their job is, and that in and of itself speaks volumes about how the site is run. They don't care if people like them, they do what has to be done and don't complain, act dictatorial or petty. Even if they don't like me, I like them for what they've worked together as a team to establish here.

So there it is. I'm done. Amen. lol :thumbsup:

P.S. I don't know the mods/admin of old, so I can't speak on them.

Buddah have more votes in the previous poll :

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=131603&st=40

I didn't vote for anyone...they are all horrible choices! Especially those first two! Can't stand either one of them. Looks like that AK47 dude is a fanboi so go ahead and strike his vote since it shouldn't count. LOL.

Funny poll. But one I'd really be interested to see is a topic that asks people who they think would be their top-3 picks to BECOME moderators and why you think they should be picked. Once the names of the most frequently mentioned / qualified members are picked, then plop them into a poll for a popularity contest (again, all for fun).

The first two he mention probably are vicICE (known Pronam to modern man) and Vagrant0, now a moderator (if it is, such irony).

I want to vote! I vote for all my compadres :turned: In no particular order..

Buddah has this gentle strength of character. Every little thing he does is Magic Magic Magic.. and I've always had a weakness for a great beard.

Robin is so dedicated, fair, accessible, responsive, he's just a joy, but I worry a little that he's a bit workaholic. Give him Props!

Lon is hilarious, I love that in a man. Nuff said.

Bben, even-handed, helpful, always smart and sane.

Slof, her work is always an inspiration and she's a rugged individual, with a heart of gold often overlooked, I think.

Vagrant thoughtfully considers everything he does.

I feel very humbled and honored to be among them. I admire each of them.

I voted for LHammonds, because he is definitely my favorite admin

Now.. who is my favorite moderator...hmm....I don't know lol.......I voted for myrmaad, since she got only 2 votes

And my favorite moderators of old times is Povuholo, because he is the only one of them to be still around here

I would set the poll to allow every choice to be added. However, I wanted people to vote for moderators that they like on a personal level. You can go ahead, and collect brownie points for refusing to vote for any of them, but the purpose wasn't to prove which one was better. I know all of the Moderators, and Administrators have done so much for this site. We all acknowledge Dark0ne as god on the forums, whether we like him or not, he's very important.

Of course, the evil side of me just wants to cause disharmony. I also wanted to see who the most important people in the Nexus are, so I can categorize it, and create mods based on it. :wink:

That's my reasoning. I like to see stuff like this. It's like a pseudo-presidential election in my mind.

I would set the poll to allow every choice to be added. However, I wanted people to vote for moderators that they like on a personal level. You can go ahead, and collect brownie points for refusing to vote for any of them, but the purpose wasn't to prove which one was better. I know all of the Moderators, and Administrators have done so much for this site. We all acknowledge Dark0ne as god on the forums, whether we like him or not, he's very important.

Of course, the evil side of me just wants to cause disharmony. I also wanted to see who the most important people in the Nexus are, so I can categorize it, and create mods based on it. :wink:

That's my reasoning. I like to see stuff like this. It's like a pseudo-presidential election in my mind.

Awww c'mon, lol! You already know who the most important people on the site are. The admin/moderators are because without them this would be utter chaos. We the many users are, because without us, the above mentioned would have no reason to do their jobs. The modders are because they keep Oblivion game play fresh and moving into greater and greater realms, thereby keeping the users coming and the admin/mods busy. It's all win-win synergy, yanno? :happy:

And I got brownie points?? Where they at?? Cause my kudos on this side are gone, lol! :pinch:

I like ya spirit tho! You disharmonious rascal you! :tongue:

Why vote for me? In this case mod stands for moderator and not modder. :biggrin:

I did a few things here and there in the past for the site (IIRC me and Lhammonds got Buddha on board at some point for some reason? I could be wrong though.) but barely anything moderating-wise. :tongue:

Also was Serpent of Shadow a moderator? I don't remember. Maybe in the Serpent Project forum only. :P