Privarte Messages Missing

pkleiss

I hope you're not quite finished with all the details of the upgrade as all my private messages are missing. I had quite a bit of important info regarding my download page within those messages. I sure hope they are not gone for good.

Nice look to the forums though.

Well I have all my messages, but they are all marked as deleted. Does that mean old messages are going to be gone in a few hours? Mine at bethsoft forums did.

Don't see why it should. Rather, you might want to ask someone over at the bethsoft forums as to why you don't have yours any more.

Well I have all my messages, but they are all marked as deleted. Does that mean old messages are going to be gone in a few hours? Mine at bethsoft forums did.

I freaked out when I saw your message. I immediately went to Bethsoft to check my inbox and sure enough, almost every message in there was marked with a red "X" stating "Message Deleted" ZOINKS!

I was still able to open the message to view the contents but was afraid they would disappear so I began copying them one-by-one into a text file.

Besides not having a way to export, it was very irritating that I could not click the "REPLY" button in order to capture the message with full BBCode...instead, I had to copy the text and then go back to right-click each hyperlink and paste it into the text to retain what was there! GRRRR!!!!

So now my 100 messages stored at Bethsoft are safely tucked away in a text file on my PC (where it gets backed up).

Looking at the Nexus inbox, I see that the same thing has occured where most messages are flagged with the red "X" stating "Message Deleted" even though I know I did not delete them. It also does not make sense as to why certain messages were flagged for deletion and others not...seems random.

EDIT: Dang, I thought I was going to get off easy with the Nexus when it came to saving off the 7 pages of messages...the archive option that was there before the upgrade simply ain't there no more. DoH!

LHammonds

Okay, got an update. Checked again this afternoon on the Bethsoft forums for messages in the hopes that they might still be there and they're back again. No clue there. Chalk it up to a bug I guess..... But they're still marked as "Deleted"

Marked as deleted simply means the conversation is 'closed'...which actually means the sender has deleted it.

At least...that's what I understood from it so far.