oblivion esm edit

radovan

Yes, you can do it with the construction set.

You can move things and stuff like that, delete stuff, add new stuff (also your self-made swords or armor...).

Just save after editing and check the .esp file in the launcher.

Thanks, but I want to edit oblivion.esm itself without creating any esp, or even add content of esp to oblivion.esm.

I don't think it is possible to edit only the oblivion.esm without making an esp and if it is possible I don't think it is recommended as it might cause some serious problems.

It's probably not a good idea to mess with the Oblivion.esm. As that is what the mods modify. Making any changes in it could make the game unplayable, make any mod that depended on what you changed unplayable and cause strange problems.

Better idea - make a mod to implement the changes you want. Then if you ever want to remove the changes, just remove the mod. And if you ever have to reinstall, you won't lose your changes.

What is it you want to change in the Oblivion.esm that cannot be changed easier in a mod?

It's surely a bad idea editing the Oblivion.ESM, being worse because it's not needed at all. Every mod that edit some vanilla resource does it and in the right way to do it, overriding the resource in the /data structure, which exist to allow it.

• 2 years later...

It possible to edit Oblivion.esm with a Tes4edit tool, simply rename it, for example 123.esm...

P.S. Dont try to edit worldspace section!!! Any other- no problem)

• 6 months later...