Some terminal scripting questions...

Jokerine

Hello everybody! I have been working with terminals on a mod I'm making, and have found a couple of issues I'm not sure how to deal with... I have been googling around, but haven't found much info on the internets. Can anybody offer some insight? It would be appreciated :)

- Is the any way I could force a terminal to completely exit as soon as the player selects an option? I know of ForceTerminalBack, but the option I want to force the exit is buried in like two submenus, so I was hoping there could be a way to basically boot the player out automatically.
- Could it be possible somehow to make a terminal show a random message every time a line is selected? I'm not sure if a leveled list would work. I could give it a try later, but I was wondering if anybody knows.
- And last but not least, is it possible to "remove" terminal lines after they have been selected? I could just make a bunch of different terminals and enable/disable them according to what the player chooses, but that would be a hassle when you have a lot of different options to choose from...
Thanks guys! Hope someone can lend a hand!

I know of ForceTerminalBack, but the option I want to force the exit is buried in like two submenus
You can call ForceTerminalBack x consecutive times to go x levels back. For example:
ForceTerminalBack
ForceTerminalBack

...will go two levels back.

is it possible to "remove" terminal lines after they have been selected?
You can do that using script variables and conditions. For each line, define a variable in a quest script; In the terminal, add a condition to the line, that checks if its variable equals 0 (use GetQuestVariable); In the result script, set the variable to 1.

This sounds doable even for a newbie like this. Thank you very much :smile: I'll test around with the random message thing and see what I can do.

Edited by Jokerine

- Could it be possible somehow to make a terminal show a random message every time a line is selected? I'm not sure if a leveled list would work. I could give it a try later, but I was wondering if anybody knows.

With the random messages, there is a thing called 'GetRandomPercent' or something. I know it's for encounters but i dont know what all it is used on.