ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Most Useful Photoshop Plugins

LHammonds

For those people that use Photoshop, what are some of the best plugins out there (free or not) that can be useful for modding Oblivion...and why do you like them so much?

(Excluding the NVidia Plugins)

Thanks,

LHammonds

Personally, all I use is the default stuff, Nvidia excluded of course. I've yet to find anything for Photoshop that actually let's you go beyond what the program is already capable of. All they seem to do is save a few steps, which isn't really worth it to me.

I can't really add more to that. I've never heard any about using plugins but the dds one. I guess there might be one or two around that would make things even more easier like with normal mapping, those are probably difficult to find. As with Khet, the thing is so powerful already...when you think you know most of it you'll find something that'll turn things upside down and make you realize there was even more.

Oblivion-specific there might be a brush here and there, but its highly unlikely that any of those can be found by me ( :turned: ) on the web.

Kai's Power Tools used to be a really nice set of plugins for Photoshop way back... not sure if KPT 5, 6 & 7 work in CS4, but I know they worked in CS2 - Not free though, there was also Kai's Power Goo.

Edit: Corel merged all 3 versions of KPT - KPT Collection

Oblivion-specific there might be a brush here and there, but its highly unlikely that any of those can be found on the web.

I disagree. Other than the places that LHammonds has linked above, such as Brusheezy, many brushes can be found here: http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/applications/psbrushes/

These include useful things like fabric and leather textures, skin, hair, blood, eyes, splatters, swirls, grunge and more.

Another favorite site of mine for brushes is http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In addition to the brushes found in the first link, if you look to the menu on the left when you go go that link, DeviantArt also has categories for .psd resource files, actions, shapes and patterns. DeviantArt, Renderosity.com, MorgueFile.com and ImageAfter.com are all resources for stock images, which can be very useful depending on your project. For example, I used a photo of lips from ImageAfter in one of my face textures.

I'm starting to think that I need to create a Photoshop page that has resources most helpful to modding Oblivion...such as textures and brushes related to metal, stone, scratches, grim, blood, book covers, etc.

It would be kinda like my Blender page but with Photoshop in mind where somebody just starting out modding Oblivion (that has Photoshop) would be able to get the necessary pieces together very quickly.

LHammonds

• 2 months later...

I wish there was a filter to make Oblivion-like icon images. I've searched around and haven't really found anything. It's annoying because I'm making a mod with a lot of icons, and they stick out like sore thumbs in the inventory menu. I've tried my best to make them look like like vanilla icons but that takes a long time and they still don't look right. Anyone out there have any clues?

By the way, I use Cs 2. I wonder if Filter Forge and all those plug-ins support such an old version. I'm such a newb I barely know anything at all about Photoshop, other then of course a remote knowledge on how big a program it really is.