PlayStation Move takes a jab at the Wii and Natal

Thor.

I love these commercials, they're great. Move does look more realistic than the Wii's motion control. I have to add one thing, though.

PS3friends and Xbros before Move/Natal is announced:

ENJOY UR WAGGLAN WII IS CASUAL

PS3friends and Xbros after Move/Natal is announced:

THIS IS THE FUTUR OF GAMING

Well for the first thing I think this won't happen in while. Seriously. It is of course easy to show somewhat working prototype but to actually finish such thing without them costing +500 euros is not that easy. I can see this happening but not in near future as it's not cheap to create such thing. So if they wish to sell them on market and make profit what they have to do? That's easy one to answer make whole thing cost a lot.

For those who say this is Wii motion control copying is the future of gaming? I don't believe it. The motion control is fun (I myself own Nintendo WII) as it is still different what we have used to control games. WII is fun because it's different from what we have got used to and that's it. Nothing else. One thing I do NOT wish to see myself doing while playing a game is that I actually start running around and stuff. Games are meant to be fun not exercise. I want to play RPG games for several hours without breaking a sweat.

• 1 month later...

As you say its copying the wii, sony patented the the technology before Nintendo did.

remember the eye toy

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10467340-52.html

note the wii is more like a remote then anything else. Same concept, just that it tracks your movements.

I do have a wii aswell, so I'm not saying it out of fanboyism, its just a fact.

As you say its copying the wii, sony patented the the technology before Nintendo did.

remember the eye toy

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10467340-52.html

note the wii is more like a remote then anything else. Same concept, just that it tracks your movements.

I do have a wii aswell, so I'm not saying it out of fanboyism, its just a fact.

Except that the eye toy was by and large a greater failure than Virtualboy. Atleast people remember Virtualboy (tripod and all (not sure WTH they were thinking there)).

The reason why it didn't take off because it was released at the end of the ps2 era, it was a good concept but it was released to late, i remember seeing it in stores, and it was so hyped at the time.

If it only was released earlier it might of sold better.

The reason why it didn't take off because it was released at the end of the ps2 era, it was a good concept but it was released to late, i remember seeing it in stores, and it was so hyped at the time.

Funny, from what I heard, the system itself wasn't particularly good at capturing motion, and most of the games were like many wii games, total rubbish. You're right, it could have been a good thing, but the way it was handled was just plain bad.

Funny, from what I heard, the system itself wasn't particularly good at capturing motion, and most of the games were like many wii games, total rubbish. You're right, it could have been a good thing, but the way it was handled was just plain bad.

I agree but it was a start, the tech was to new for the time. Also agrees on the wii games they are very lame i say, take for instants Mario kart, since when did Disney characters end up in the Mario universe. Must had a deal with Disney somewhere along the line. Ultra lame.

Now Modnations now that's going to be a awesome kart game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMrpTbEcsuE