Geck/Regions/objects/AngleVariance... HELP!

SayinNuthin

Angle Variance These 3 number fields correspond to the local X, Y and Z axis for the currently selected object. The values are in degrees and specify the range in which the selected object can rotate about that particular axis. Each number field supports positive and negative values. Additionally, the +/- checkbox can be enabled individually for each field, effectively stating that the angle value can go in either a positive or negative direction when the Region Editor generates the selected object type. Range: -∞ to ∞ _ http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Regions

NO IT ***KING DOESN’T!

Look!...

OBJECT TAB

Object > NVRockCanyon12Frosted

Density ---- 2.000 - Clustering -- 0

Min Slope - 0 -------- Radius ----- 80 (default for that object)

Max Slope 4 ------- RadWParent blank

Min Height 4000 -- Max Height - 5600

OBJECTS (MORE)

Angle Variance X: 1

--------------------Y: 1

--------------------Z 32 (or 10 or 90 0r 359 no F***ing difference!)

Sink Variance 1.00

sink------------ 0.50

Size Variance (DON'T EVEN GO THERE!)

Conform to slope [Yes]

I'd like random angles on the rocks so they lay in different directions (and random smaller sizes would be nice, but pfff!) Now the spawned rocks are scattered by the slope constraint but no matter what I change they orientate to one direction. Even when I succeed in changing the size (which is pretty hit 'n miss) they line up like soldiers.

Is this thing hopelessly glitched? Am I failing to understand the instructions in some fundamental way? What?....

Sorry to keep bugging you guys but this has me pulling my hair out here. And every time I go from Objects (more) back to the Objects tab all the O-(more) settings get wiped... Someone... Please....

Update. According to Morcroft over at the Beyond Skyrim project this is (another) GECK malfunction - which works in all the TES CKs but has never worked properly in GECK. So the [Ctrl-Alt] Object Pallet placement is our lot then...

As the Beyond Skyrim folk are in the process of generating entire continents that make the NV Mojave look like someone's back yard I'm inclined to take their word on this and quit flogging this particular dead horse.

Anyway, here is the best explanation I've found of how the Density-Radius-Clustering equation works, on the off-chance it was giving anyone else as much trouble as it was giving me :blush: (step 10) ;

oblivion_scenery_tutorial