EA to use Ubisoft's DRM

Retribution

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually does not surprise me. EA has a well-documented history of taking extremely retarded measures to punish their legitimate customers and damage PC-gaming as much as possible at every opportunity. They buy out small companies, gut the staff, use SecoROM to destroy the games that made the little companies famous, and then scream "everybody's stealing our game."

EA has been on my no-buy list for a long time and they will stay on it. The next big videogame depression (look it up, younglings) will be a direct result of EA.

Its been known for ages that this DRM is in C&C4 - I've always thought the gaming community has been a bit hypocritical by getting so upset by Ubisoft, while totally ignoring EA.

To be fair, they have made *some* attempt to ensure the online component has a use other than DRM, but they haven't gone nearly far enough to justify forcing it.

How stupid can they be? They are giving their good paying customers a huge middle finger in the face....sad. They can't be that dumb and not realize that this just makes the piracy worse...or are they that dumb?

My internet is on all the time, but I play SINGLE PLAYER GAMES...what the hell is the point of always being online to play a SINGLE PLAYER GAME?! Makes me so mad :verymad: Back before I had my own Internet, I bought single player games because I could play them WITHOUT INTERNET.Now people that don't have Internet get screwed on playing a game. Truly BS

What's even stupider is that they probably won't upgrade their servers to make up for the horrible load they are going to have. So guess what, their servers will crash and your game will crash/cut you off, fun huh? They already have horrible problems with their stupid Download Manager, I just can't imagine how their "DRM servers" are going to hold up.

I said in a previous post, I can only hope Bethesda doesn't follow the tracks of these idiots, they are the only company I have any hope for. I've totally lost my faith in Blizzard...if they are really going to charge for Battle.net, that truly shows they don't give two flying poops about the gamers, just the money laying in their pockets. That's all these companies care about now. It's like their on "We can't stop the pirates, so let's treat everyone like a dirty little thief...that's much easier."

On the plus side, this might just be the final nail in the coffin that is EA and will bring about their ultimate downfall where they sell off their franchises to other companies, or just get out of the PC gaming market entirely. Really makes me wonder if that aren't actually trying to run their company into the ground.