EA to use Ubisoft's DRM

Retribution

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, I remember seeing an artical about awesome drm's Like monkey islands dial-a-pirate and a game that would detect if it was pirated and turn it self into a demo and that batman:AA just broke it self

Ok, i'll remember that.

Does it count as piracy if someone buys the game, but uses the crack though? :wacko:

There is no simple answer to that one. But as it relates to this particular case, yes, it probably does since the crack would probably require significant changes to how the game functions, and is being done by a group whos main intention is to pirate the game, and not to provide some sort of reasonable alternative to a draconian DRM. But as all of this hasn't happened yet, the jury may still be out.

Regardless, name-dropping of cracker groups, or suggesting that people seek out illegal means of getting around anti-piracy measures is not something that should be encouraged nor facilitated on these forums. Some casual mentions may have been overlooked in the past, but lately things have become far too lax on this issue.

Just because a company treats their customers like criminals doesn't mean that you should strive make them right in their assessment.

I dont know how a companie can be so blind...

New to gaming I take it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ea_games#Criticism

Hm... anyway the point that i basicly ment was how can a company annoy the user with copy protection to such an extent when folks still seem to pirate anyway as if nothing ever happened? A continued course as such over several years doesnt seem very bright to me and customer friendly in anyway.

Personally if i buy a game i am not gonna pay for something with only limited activation and must have internet connectivity to solo play.

Or the requirment to deinstall Nero.... :laugh:

In that case i am simply gonna stay with what is already there and that is almost likewise as good minus the whole graphics effect show.

Otherwise Ea might be decent. I dont know.

Never been there in person. :laugh:

Surely one cannot judge the whole company and everyone who works there by that one thing.

There be alot of diverse minds to produce so much diverse games.