EA to use Ubisoft's DRM

Retribution

Damn, thanks for that...If I would be in america right now, I'd take these little suckers to the court. Bought modern warfare and now I cant play it since a week cuz my internet stick has got a problem..

EA and ubisoft get pirated as hell cuz they really fu*k€d up with this one. They will lose a lotta customers and a lotta money, so in the end they will wish they never made any games. Gosh, I'm angry right now..:P

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly, what sort of fool would pick the option of having more DRM in their game if they had an option with less of it?

Games have had connect-and-update utilities for over a decade now... if that's what you mean. Yeah, they could have done that. Yeah, they should have done that. Unfortunately, they decided to go with more DRM instead. I guess they figured that everyone had forgotten about the Spore backlash already... or maybe they figured that, as long as it doesn't have activation limits, everyone's going to be fine with it. Screw 'em, I say. I hope every title they release with this crap in it flops horribly.

Sadly, they're probably right about most of their consumers forgetting the last big DRM outrage; by and large consumers in any demographic have shown themselves to have really short memories. All you need to do is cook up a spiffy ad campaign and everyone forgets until after the next $60 is spent.

More importantly, what sort of fool would pick the option of having more DRM in their game if they had an option with less of it?

Games have had connect-and-update utilities for over a decade now... if that's what you mean. Yeah, they could have done that. Yeah, they should have done that. Unfortunately, they decided to go with more DRM instead. I guess they figured that everyone had forgotten about the Spore backlash already... or maybe they figured that, as long as it doesn't have activation limits, everyone's going to be fine with it. Screw 'em, I say. I hope every title they release with this crap in it flops horribly.

Sadly, they're probably right about most of their consumers forgetting the last big DRM outrage; by and large consumers in any demographic have shown themselves to have really short memories. All you need to do is cook up a spiffy ad campaign and everyone forgets until after the next $60 is spent.

What I meant was that this could have been a good thing & not a tool of exclusion & or punishment of the target audience, an option to save to server (thinking of a second save button) for example would help those that probably shouldn't dig around the 'puter looking for the save files to back up or transfer.

I'm just waiting for the warcry of lawyers to be heard.

"Lawsuit!"

This is going to a great day for the legal profession. A day when gamers sue companies and they earn lots of cash

Keep dreamin'. If any lawsuits come out of it, it'll be a Class Action suit that'll net a buncha lawyers a buncha money, and a buncha people coupons good toward their next EA/Ubisoft game purchase.

Hmm, maybe I should go to law school.