Problem with Character Movement

TheDourDwarf

Ladies and Gents,

I tried searching and looking through the first 5 pages or so to see if anyone else had this problem. However I couldn't find anything so I'm posting here.

My character has started to move slow all of a sudden. No weight, running around in his undies. Also my caps lock is not on. When I engage Caps lock I move bullet time slow. My chars moving as though he is a slight bit encumbranced even though he doesn't have anything on him. Also when I jump and land the char surges forward for a millisecond as though he wasn't moving slowly.

Any thoughts?

Major Mods:

FOOK2

FELLOUT

FOSE

Better Living Through Chemicals

I have some minor mods as well, if anyone needs that list I can provide it, the game is playable though it's hurting my run and gun since my char isn't really running anymore.

PS! I'm not crippled, hurt, radiated, only an addiction to smoking, and even after I suffer withdrawl I'm still at a 5 END which shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,

Dwarf.

Did you edit your Fallout .ini file and set iFPSclamp=0 to iFPSclamp=60? Doing this will cause problems like that. Also I have experienced slower movement when Triple buffering is enabled for some reason.

I've just noticed another issue perhaps linked with this one, my missions seem to be auto failing, when I went to do the Arefu mission and the Riley's rangers mission when I got to the climax of the mission, returning to Arefu or the roof of the statesmen I automatically went hostile to the faction I was trying to help despite the fact that I had done nothing against them. Hope this observation helps.

Broken leg?

did you read the post?

PS! I'm not crippled, hurt, radiated, only an addiction to smoking

Dwarf,

I have a similar problem, but only from time to time.

Sometimes, after switching weapons in a firefight, my movement speed slows down to about the 50%. The movement animation is still the running animation, but its slo-mo.

I could always resolve it by opening the pipboy and switching weapons and clothes a few times. I dont really know what causes this, but i think its one of the mods which use FOSE scripts, or FOSE itself. Maybe you can narrow it down by deactivating FOSE or installing another version.

• 1 year later...

I have the exact same problem. It started a couple days ago after a few weeks without playing Fallout.

My char walks and runs slowly and jump animation is slow too, allowing me to jump greater distances, but I get stuck next to low rocks.

I did a clean reinstall, deleting all configuration files and the problem is still there, even with no mods...

I tried console commands to change the run speed, but they have no effect, altough the sprint mod of FWE works just fine. What the hell is going on?!?

I made no changes in my computer, apart the usual windows updates (including a big one some weeks ago...could that be the problem?)

I run Win 7 and have a NVIDIA 9600 GT.

Hmmm, suddenly everyone is a necromancer. Odd...

Anyway, Windows updates can always cause problems, since those updates introduce on average about 3 regression bugs for every 2 bugfixes they include. But that aside, video driver issues could be in play here, if an update activated a "feature" that is fixed by a new release of your video drivers. It would help if you could post your load order as well, plus any info you can still access about what updates installed themselves during the suspect time frame.

I have the exact same problem. It started a couple days ago after a few weeks without playing Fallout.

My char walks and runs slowly and jump animation is slow too, allowing me to jump greater distances, but I get stuck next to low rocks.

I did a clean reinstall, deleting all configuration files and the problem is still there, even with no mods...

I tried console commands to change the run speed, but they have no effect, altough the sprint mod of FWE works just fine. What the hell is going on?!?

I made no changes in my computer, apart the usual windows updates (including a big one some weeks ago...could that be the problem?)

I run Win 7 and have a NVIDIA 9600 GT.

Try this and let me know what happens, doing research

Fallout 3 Invisible wall bugs remover