question on modding

jonnym123456789

im new to modding :confused: and learning the basics but i have a few questions as i have some ideas for mods

Is it possible to create underground tunnel systems or small caves that are apart of the world space and not a seperate cell???

what are the limitations or problems with this??

like i said im new to modding so i hope the questions make sense

Thank you :biggrin:

Yes, you can.

You have to add a door to teleport you to a different part of the exterior cell, into the cave, however. Because you can't pass through the ground. Then, you'd have to make the cave above the water enough as to not totally submerse everything.

EDIT: You would also have to add a subspace around the area for npcs trailing you to get their pathfinding right.

thanks for the replies sorry if i have been unclear

but my aim is to c to create small caves or tunnel systems but without doors in the way or a loading screens so in the actual world map it self. it never made sense in a realistic fashion that all the caves and dungeons have doors

so im thinking to myself is it possible to create such a mod ?

also if a similar mod has been made?

but my aim is to c to create small caves or tunnel systems but without doors in the way or a loading screens so in the actual world map it self. it never made sense in a realistic fashion that all the caves and dungeons have doors

so im thinking to myself is it possible to create such a mod ?

Should be possible but you have to understand the limitations of doing such a thing. For example, if you add a cave to the side of the hill that surrounds the IC (like under the wall), you cannot enter the cave and expect to arise inside the city since they are different world spaces. But I could see that adding a cave complex would be possible but it is obvious that they did not do this because of performance reasons. Just need to be careful with it.

also if a similar mod has been made?

Don't know. I'm not much for architecture and landscaping (meaning I don't create or modify them) so keep that in mind whenever I open my mouth about architecture and landscaping. :wacko:

LHammonds

you wont be able to add terrain around the tunnel interior tiles, you will have to add rocks or other objects (preferably terrain objects you create yourself) to cover the "backside" of those tiles (as these backsides are invisible form the outside)

your tunnel system has to be above the ground/terrain at all times as you cant pass through it or cut holes into it

it will rain inside

the framerate will drop heavily

I just tried it but it didn'y work. if you try to make a door to teleport underground it will move the player automatically back to the ground. So if you want to do it you have to do it in the way Jaysus described.

sorry for the late reply, first of all thank you for the replys . your answers have been very helpful :biggrin:

im def going to take jaysus advice into consideration but even this has its problems

from what ive read it seems there are two many problems with my idea and im more clear with the problems i may have.

i think im just going to continue messing with the CS :confused: . its a shame i have so many ideas but i think a lot of them wont get made due to the limitations and experience but once again thank you.