Names are replaced with gibberish

lonewolfkai

[More then likely you downloaded a non-english mod that changes names or something. Find out with mod it is, and download the english version if available. In order to find out which one you'll have to unactivate them all, and start adding them back a few at a time until it appears again, then just narrow it down. If it has only appeared recently, then check your most recent mods.

Or you can use tool like TES4Edit to compare changes, find out, then change the cell name back.

**And, if the cell name is changed to something gibberish like, don't save your game there. You may lose all your saves.(As for me, the game deleted all saves when I saved game in affected cell)

I think I might know which mod it is, but it is a mod that had been translated to English. The translator must have missed that cell. TES4edit will allow me to rename this cell?

It's a Russian Mod. You can tell this by the way the gibberish font looks like. Japanese gibberish font looks different.

So any Russian mods used?

I think I might know which mod it is, but it is a mod that had been translated to English. The translator must have missed that cell. TES4edit will allow me to rename this cell?

Yep, TES4edit will be your tool of choice in renaming the offending record.

I'm betting this is from Sexlivion. I don't have it anymore, but I remember there are a few cell names (mostly around the IC and Anvil in one place), and also the text description of a couple/few of the races (when starting a new game the description just says something like "This text needs to be reconstituted"). Also one of the startings spells ('Flare' and 'Heal Minor Wounds') gets changed to 'Default Player Spell'.

When you compare the mod in Tes4Edit you can just drag the text from the correct mod (oblivion.esm) to the new mod to make the changes rather than typing it all in.

I'm betting this is from Sexlivion. I don't have it anymore, but I remember there are a few cell names (mostly around the IC and Anvil in one place), and also the text description of a couple/few of the races (when starting a new game the description just says something like "This text needs to be reconstituted"). Also one of the startings spells ('Flare' and 'Heal Minor Wounds') gets changed to 'Default Player Spell'.

When you compare the mod in Tes4Edit you can just drag the text from the correct mod (oblivion.esm) to the new mod to make the changes rather than typing it all in.

You shouldn't use Sexlivion anyways. The mod isn't worth the bugs you get with this mod...though it's quite funny.

I still believe it's not SL as this is clearly no Japanese gibberish font.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't use Sexlivion anyways. The mod isn't worth the bugs you get with this mod...though it's quite funny.

I still believe it's not SL as this is clearly no Japanese gibberish font.

Actually I've got several russian-based mods, so I can't say which one it is for sure, but I have my shouldn't be too difficult since its only a few. I'm guessing which one it is though.

Anyways, I'll give TES4edit a whirl. Thanks for the advice.