Easy Tutorials For the CK (It ain't that complicated :)

DDProductions83

I do concede I am a bit smarter than the average person but the information is clearly there.

Well there you go you see, I'm happy to concede I'm a bit dumber, and have been having some trouble finding it :laugh:

Here's an outstanding example;

http://www.darkcreations.org/beyond-skyrim/wiki/Region_Generation

A pretty tricky subject, multi-layering and edge-falloff/boundaries in the Region Editor by someone who's obviously a master - and who's addressing issues in a tutorial video.... The Vid is gone and the page of excellent info remains...

Just how dumb I am was proved to me when my imagination was fired by the Beyond-Skyrim Project and I looked in there to find I couldn't even understand what they were taking about, never mind ask sensible questions!

Back to the Mojave for you sport (lols) Basics....

Thank you Darren, awesome tutorials. In fact, the first tutorial couldn't have come at a better time. I have a question though, I have been having my NPC happily follow and lead me on mission 1 and 2 of my quest. I haven't got her a follow, wait, or show inventory yet , because I only want these features on mission 3. However, she has her own horse and I need her to mount it, when I get on mine. Do you know how to do that?

I ask this because there is no reference anywhere, DarkFox touched on it but that was for a travel package to and fro. Also this issue seems to be a "guarded sekrit"

EDIT: Also, your help with getting things done with quests and Variations was invaluable. Thanks for that.

Edited by Rigmor

I've never actually had one get on a horse before (Never had reason to) I know there is a button for allow riding in the follow package but I don't know if they will mount etc when you do

Honestly I have no clue, was never a fan of the horses so wasn't even planning on doing much with them in discworld lol

I'll take a look at it later, I know you could probably add a onupdate function and detect if the player is mounted but there has to be a much simpler way

Thank you Darren, awesome tutorials. In fact, the first tutorial couldn't have come at a better time. I have a question though, I have been having my NPC happily follow and lead me on mission 1 and 2 of my quest. I haven't got her a follow, wait, or show inventory yet , because I only want these features on mission 3. However, she has her own horse and I need her to mount it, when I get on mine. Do you know how to do that?

I ask this because there is no reference anywhere, DarkFox touched on it but that was for a travel package to and fro. Also this issue seems to be a "guarded sekrit"

EDIT: Also, your help with getting things done with quests and Variations was invaluable. Thanks for that.

If at all possible, it might be helpful to look at the follower mod "Sha". http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52853/?

She is found at riverwood and has her own horse that she mounts when you mount yours. It could be useful to open up that mod and just take a looksie at the scripting or whatever.

There is a major flaw though -- all generic follower horses walk back to original point of spawn after being dismounted, so there'd have to be a bit of tweaking to make it so that it can be with you wherever you go, even after you fast-travel.

Lol well I got it to work, the least resource consuming way as well, only downside is he wont mount till the package update checks making him look a bit daft but thats skyrim for you

Will probably post a vid later cause why not

It's mostly a simple package swap detecting if the player is riding and then calling a spell that summons a horse and forces the actor to be the horses owner so he will ride it

Pretty basic just never looked into it

Gonna dbl post it :tongue: just so anyone not checking the front page

Getting the AI to ride dem horsies!

Left all my F ups in cause hell might help people to realize how often you miss something easy or stupid etc

Also forgot to change my background but luckily the cosplay pic is pg rofl, otherwise ida been like CRAP CRAP

Any other requests shoot them, I might do it might not depends on if I'm bored :geek:

Lol I was just looking over some other tutorials and dear god.. Most of my crap is probably shortcuts and coming at the game sideways but the one thing I do bring to the table is not sounding.. like they all seem to.. rofl

Like I don't like my voice personally but some of these guys make me cringe lol

Edited by Darren83