Falsely surrendering NPCs

Lehcar

This is a really odd thing, and I don't know why it was added to the game - NPCs always lying and saying they surrender to you, then getting up and attacking you again as soon as they've recovered a bit. And they're ALWAYS lying; they are never scripted to actually surrender.

I just think it's pretty stupid. Doing that IRL is a bad, bad idea (as well as a serious war crime) because, naturally, it discourages enemies from accepting genuine surrenders. It also makes people that much more reluctant to assist injured soldiers. Not cool.

It's extremely annoying. You'd think people in TES would be smart enough to realize that their enemies will only fall for the same charade so many times... :pinch:

Edited by Lehcar

This is a really odd thing, and I don't know why it was added to the game - NPCs always lying and saying they surrender to you, then getting up and attacking you again as soon as they've recovered a bit. And they're ALWAYS lying; they are never scripted to actually surrender.

I just think it's pretty stupid. Doing that IRL is a bad, bad idea (as well as a serious war crime) because, naturally, it discourages enemies from accepting genuine surrenders. It also makes people that much more reluctant to assist injured soldiers. Not cool.

It's extremely annoying. You'd think people in TES would be smart enough to realize that their enemies will only fall for the same charade so many times... :pinch:

Keep in mind that there's nothing akin to the Geneva Convention in Skyrim, so...

notmyhome already mentioned I Yield! I Yield!.

There's also Yield 2.0, which "makes it so that all non-essential men/elves will only truly yield when you are out of combat. This happens when all remaining opponents are in a bleed out state so usually with the last enemy."

EDIT: I have yet to actually try any of these, though.

Edited by AaronOfMpls