[Creation Kit] Changing spell magnitude without changing spell cost?

yunage

I wanted to make some Necromancy spells usefull for npc's above level 40, so I increased the spell magnitude to 80 (level 100 npc's can be necro-ed with the Necromage perk). However, I noticed this also automatically more than doubled the original spell mana cost, making the spell not scale so well with the expert/adept/apprentice/novice spells before it.

How do I change the spell magnitude in the Construction Kit without changing how much mana the spell drains?

http://insaniquariumguide.com/forum/Smileys/default/animal-monkey.pnghttp://insaniquariumguide.com/forum/Smileys/default/animal-monkey.png

Use a perk instead of adjusting the magnitude of the spell.

Take a look at the perks that affect spell magnitude in the base game. For example, Animage. You can even create a duplicate of one of them and then tweak it to affect necromancy spells.

You'll have to set the right conditions in the tabs on the left and select the appropriate formula in the drop-down menu and text field on the right.

Take a look at it and see if you can figure it out. Come back if you have questions.

you could change the magnitude/mana cost of the magic effect (not the spell but the effect that the spell uses) or you could just simply set a fixed cost for the spell instead of auto calculate (but that would prefent scaling of the mana cost somewhat not sure...)

Or you could ad a new effect to the spell that oweres its manacost (maybe just for NPCs?)

or do the perk thing. Not shure what would be the best solution

you could change the magnitude/mana cost of the magic effect (not the spell but the effect that the spell uses)

If you do this be sure to also adjust the skill usage multi to match or else you will find that you do not gain as much experience as you should from casting these spells.

or you could just simply set a fixed cost for the spell instead of auto calculate (but that would prefent scaling of the mana cost somewhat not sure...)

Definitely adjust the skill usage multi if you use a fixed cost. The scaling will work fine, but how much experience you gain towards a skill is determined by the autocalculate cost of the spell, even if the cost is fixed.

Or you could ad a new effect to the spell that oweres its manacost (maybe just for NPCs?)

I don't know if that would work. Can you assign a negative magicka cost to an effect?

The perk option really has by far the smallest footprint.

you could change the magnitude/mana cost of the magic effect (not the spell but the effect that the spell uses)

If you do this be sure to also adjust the skill usage multi to match or else you will find that you do not gain as much experience as you should from casting these spells.

or you could just simply set a fixed cost for the spell instead of auto calculate (but that would prefent scaling of the mana cost somewhat not sure...)

Definitely adjust the skill usage multi if you use a fixed cost. The scaling will work fine, but how much experience you gain towards a skill is determined by the autocalculate cost of the spell, even if the cost is fixed.

I don't know if that would work. Can you assign a negative magicka cost to an effect?

The perk option really has by far the smallest footprint.

with a script it would work. without prbably not