Texturing in Blender

Erikdeda1

Well how do you do it..I just don't get it..I look at the vanilla textures and look at mine and they look completely different...and mine doesn't work either... :sweat:

If anyone could help me figure it out I would really appreciate it.

P.S. If you want to see the files in question I uploaded them here: Help - Falchion

What exactly do you mean when you say "Texturing in Blender"??? Are you talking about trying to "paint" on an object inside Blender? If so, I'd recommend against doing that...that is what tools such as GIMP, Paint.NET, Photoshop and PaintShopPro are for.

I think I have already linked to the video tutorial on how to "attach" a texture to a model in Blender. You could also attach normal maps and glow maps so you can see what it looks like inside Blender but you'd have to delete those before you export or you won't get a working NIF.

The most you should be messing with textures inside Blender is creating a UV Map and exporting the UV Map (as a .TGA file) so you can import the UV Map in an image manipulation tool (such as the ones I mentioned above). Well, one other thing I do with textures is the use of a temporary texture to aid in the UV Map creation process. It is a built-in "UV Test Grid" texture which adds a bunch of checkerboard squares so you can make sure your model-to-texture sizing is proportional. Example - In the example I just provided, you can see that the squares are not proportional which means I probably need to tweak my UV some more.

LHammonds