Questions You Always Wanted To Ask...

Stampede

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is the entire game world made out of glossy Styrofoam? It's the only way to explain the physics at work in the game. How else would it take 2 seconds for a sword to hit the ground sideways, but a quarter second upright? Or for heavy objects to react as if they were kicked by a pro football player, when you just bump into them lightly(I've seen a steel shield go flying across a room and hit the far wall, just by hitting it as I was walking past. Walking, not running). And why objects will continue to slide down a hill, no matter how slight the slope is, until it hits the bottom, or another object that can stop it... unless it slides under the new object.

• 2 weeks later...
I always questioned where and when people use the restroom...although I guess it wouldn't be called that since there is no restroom for one to speak of. When Povuholo was building furniture out of gold I asked him to build a toilet for just that reason.

In days of old, when Knights were bold

And toilets weren't invented,

They'd drop their load beside the road,

And walk away contented!

• 3 weeks later...

Why is the Fighters' Guild porter in the Chorrol hall an Imperial when all other porters are Bretons? And why does this one Imperial porter refuse to fix your gear when the Bretons do?

Does Branwen ever get into the Arena and see daddy?

Why does the Arena combatant I place my bet on always fight the match in a Light Raiment— and with their bare hands? >:(

Just who was the poor guy who ended up decorating the lake near Fort Nikel?

What birthsign was Seridur born under? Because if he was born under the Lord sign, I'd imagine he'd toast up under starlight.

Why are the Bosmer men more annoying than the women?

What is it with Altmer villians? Practically every High Elf I have more than two conversations with ends up trying to kill me. I'm afraid Sinderion is going to try poisoning me soon!

Why do bandits prefer light, agile armors but then end up wielding excrutiatingly heavy axes and hammers?

Do arrows, when shot up into the sky, hurt people when they fall back down?

I have shot a ripple of arrows straight up into the sky, and they did come down, one after one. I tried putting my character into their path, but they didn't 'hit' me at all. I figured it was because I was the shooter, and the game disallows the shooter from being hit by his own arrows.

I came to this suspicion because I fired an enchanted (frost damage, area-of-effect) arrow up in front of a guard. It came down and 'hit' him, causing my character to be apprehended for assault. But I don't know if it was just the spell effect, or a bona fide strike by the arrow itself.

Someone, please, answer the one about the Arena betting. The last match I placed a bet on was on the Blue combatant (have to keep the team spirit) for 100 gold. The match consisted of a Yellow Team fighter in Heavy Raiment, Elven helmet, and a Battleaxe. The Blue Team fighter was in Light Raiment, no helmet, and was going Hand-to-Hand... :dry:

"Evenly matched", my foot. I suspect there's a hidden "Arena Corruption" quest where someone is fixing the matches. You have to do some persuasion, culminating with a dealing a world of hurt upon that Bosmer bookie for cheating you.

I have shot a ripple of arrows straight up into the sky, and they did come down, one after one. I tried putting my character into their path, but they didn't 'hit' me at all. I figured it was because I was the shooter, and the game disallows the shooter from being hit by his own arrows.

I came to this suspicion because I fired an enchanted (frost damage, area-of-effect) arrow up in front of a guard. It came down and 'hit' him, causing my character to be apprehended for assault. But I don't know if it was just the spell effect, or a bona fide strike by the arrow itself.

Someone, please, answer the one about the Arena betting. The last match I placed a bet on was on the Blue combatant (have to keep the team spirit) for 100 gold. The match consisted of a Yellow Team fighter in Heavy Raiment, Elven helmet, and a Battleaxe. The Blue Team fighter was in Light Raiment, no helmet, and was going Hand-to-Hand... :dry:

"Evenly matched", my foot. I suspect there's a hidden "Arena Corruption" quest where someone is fixing the matches. You have to do some persuasion, culminating with a dealing a world of hurt upon that Bosmer bookie for cheating you.

have you tried adding to your luck attribute? the guide says that when your luck reaches 50, the fighter you bet on starts to do more damage or something. and if you go into the arena you will find this dark elf woman who claims her amulet makes her lucky in these matches. kill her while she sleeps i think you can get it. or use potions just when you need it

Why is the Fighters' Guild porter in the Chorrol hall an Imperial when all other porters are Bretons? And why does this one Imperial porter refuse to fix your gear when the Bretons do?...

I think I found one answer to this. The Guild Hall in Chorrol just happens to have a blacksmith (Sabine) as well. Still, that makes the Imperial Porter next-to-useless.

have you tried adding to your luck attribute? the guide says that when your luck reaches 50, the fighter you bet on starts to do more damage or something. and if you go into the arena you will find this dark elf woman who claims her amulet makes her lucky in these matches. kill her while she sleeps i think you can get it. or use potions just when you need it

Done and done. I started a new character, an Imperial Harbinger, born under the Thief sign. That, and for the first dozen level-ups or so, I'm going to add to his Luck attribute. Cheater's Nip (I'll have to send him up the Silver Road one of these days) or some other magical enhancement can cover the rest of the way.

In my latest incarnation, I found Nath Dyer (as expected). But more importantly, I found his head (actually, just the skull). Tried to slap his head back onto his body in the hope he'd reanimate and do my bidding, but the lazy git just lay there on the beach, working on his tan. Is there anything truly beyond a note and some primrose with this fellow?

And in this incarnation I was unable to complete (or pretty much begin, for that matter) getting "Caught in the Hunt" because a certain loan shark went medieval on some Bosmer (I swear, it's always a Wood Elf messing things up) before I even got a chance to say "Hello" to him, and he ended up becoming target practice for Bravil's finest. Now, Mrs. Loche simply wants to be alone with her grief. Speaking of which, my Harbinger's Spidey-sense whispers to him about a place called Fort Grief. What would happen if I took a little swim, since the loan shark is now decorating Bravil Canal?

Some questions...

Would the Oblivion gates turn up in other countries, like Morrowind?

Why don't the newsletters in Tamriel change topics after a couple of weeks? Is the journalist on permanent vacation?

Hm, maybe the next one is a spoiler question.

*Possible spoiler warning*

I'm sure the answer is 'no' to this one, but I still feel like asking: Did anyone try to finish the main quest simply by closing all the Oblivion gates, one by one? Could it work?

Five

Why does Bruma (all the way to the north) ask for help from the fighters guild in anvil, (all the way south west) which is the second most far away city with a fighters guild? Not to mention they have a fighters guild themselves!

Archived