Are Cryptids out there?

Keanumoreira

These days we have vast knowledge of our planet. We know that there are trillions of species of life living on our planet today, and that accounts for only 2% of all the life that has exsisted on our blue marble. So if we can figure out all that, even having aquired proof that the giant squid does swim our seas, why can't we prove if the cryptids some of us believe in are there too? Are they real? We watch T.V. every so often to find shows that claim that evidence of Big foot, the Loch Ness, the Dover Demon, the Jersey Devil, are there, just to name a few. They seem to have crawled right out of fairy tales, but perhaps there could be more to it. So are they waiting to be found, do they live amoung us?

why would they be waiting to be found? I'm sure they have better things to do.

scientifically they don't exist, but as we all know SCIENCE! is horse junk, not science. so therefore they apply to SCIENCE!. on the contrary, they also apply to science because they optically exist, like the boogieman.

all that aside, who knew TVs could be made, say, 300 years ago? did anyone know anything about Organic LED contexts? did anyone know anything about a Creature named Buffalo 600 years ago?

I say these folk-lore creatures can exist, but I also say they can be a hoax to gather all the attention to certain vista, whether to gain profit, attention from the media or many other probabilities. who knows, somebody's eyes can play tricks sometimes!

Maybe. One example, Mokele-Mbembe (last known living dinosaurs). If someone found it, scientists will be left in shock. We seen crazy things in this world, it's quite possible for them to exists.

http://www.mokelembembe.com/

I mean, it's unlikely that some random guy invent a legend, I mean, for what ? Yes, it's pretty likely that their eyes are playing tricks, but how about it's not ? This world is filled with a lot of mysteries, trust me.

i can confirm that yetis live with us during summer at the lake. they drive car too.

somehow i dont understand wether they exist or not how poeple still want to find this creatures.

as if nature is not exciting enough already. :wacko:

for instance the big jellyfish to me are more exciting then anything. have you looked at that for once? it is like spaceships! they got this fluroscent thing goin on for them you know. quite spectacular and totally out of this world yet right infront our door steps inside the oceans.

Some says that some of this"monsters" are not but unknown animal for example the big-foot would be a type of gorilla or a prehistorical animal that still lives. Like the Coelacanth that the scientist say it's extinct until discovered in 1938 in south africa (detail the local fishmens eat it for generations) so maybe still there is some old animals lurking in the jungles.

But there's a problem with most of the cryptids, most of them don't have a fossil register or any evidence like a skeleton or bones, only sights.

Bah, you changed your avatar Vagrant. Now I have to form a different opinion about you. :confused:

I thought this was another Alien thread, I've never heard of the word 'Cryptids' in my life.

My opinion on the subject is that many of the creatures I have heard... Such as 'BigFoot', and the 'Lochness Monster' may have been a ruse devised to bring tourism to the area. Some however, are genuine. The Mokele Mbembe seems kosher. The coelecanth was never a Cryptid, however. This is due to the fact that there weren't massive reports on it before it was discovered and indentified. Not sure what exactly a cryptid is, but based on root words, Cryptic would mean mysterious and unidentified. After all, Lochness, Jersey Devil, and Big Foot are to this day undiscovered and therefore dubbed Cryptid.

We discovered pretty crazy things in this world, I think "Cryptids" absolutely exists. Maybe not like the legends of Big Foot, but maybe other ones.

Example of crazy things :

- "Immortal" Jellyfish - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_nutricula

- Mokele-Mbembe - http://www.mokelembembe.com/

- Living Plesiosaur ? - http://paleo.cc/paluxy/plesios.htm

- Coelacanth - http://www.dinofish.com/

(the Immortal Jellyfish isn't a "cryptid", it's just an example about how weird our world is)

Bah, you changed your avatar Vagrant. Now I have to form a different opinion about you. :confused:

It was just for April 1st. Will be back to the normal one tomorrow. I could have done something a bit more comical, but this one just seemed more epic (notice the photoshopped emblem).

Any way, the reason why these species are likely hard to find is probably because they don't want to be classified as endangered and associated with those activist types... Can't really blame them... Imagine the hell that would break loose if 80% of the forests in the Pacific Northwest US were classified as endangered habitat because there were only an estimated few thousand Sasquatch living there... Logging companies would poo themselves.

That Pleiosaur looked dead to me, or shopped. Kinda like the giants they found in india?

http://kedarsoman.wordpress.com/2007/05/16/hoax-giant-skeleton-found-in-india/

either way, they still haven't been discovered yet and therefore can't be real. When we have the evidence, then fiction can be reality.

It was just for April 1st. Will be back to the normal one tomorrow. I could have done something a bit more comical, but this one just seemed more epic (notice the photoshopped emblem).

Thank the lord. Sorry, Mr. T is just not you, man....