Who complete the game?

crysisfair

I've beat it, my character was a mage. Just know that your opponents level with you, so if you're at level 20 and still not comfortable with tactics you're behind.

I cannot stand it!I have played the DAO for 3 weeks,but i still cannot complete the game!It is too difficult,especially if you are a mage.If someone has comlete it ,can he help me ?

Be sure you have edited your tactics. I suggest you put two melee char with the group and another mage acompanying you. If you really find it difficult try this one. Create as many Life potion (the bigger ones) as you can, then edit tactics to all including your mage to >>> Self - Health < 50% - Biggest Health Poultices. I'm sure your companions will not die easily with this. The only decadence this suggestion has is that many of your resources will be spent to health poultices. But you have great chances to finish the game, even if you're not good in using most of you companions abilities.

I hope this help you.

I thought it was quicker to beat as a mage. The only thing that bugs me is that mages can pick locks!!!!! >_<

I've beaten it many times, I've just got to beat it with a drawfern Commoner

If you balance your party and keep your mage out of harm's way all should go well. My last group with a mage was :

Main character - Primarily offensive mage but with healing skills too

Wynne : Healing and defense + earthquake to immobilise groups whilst you pick them off at a distance

Alistair : Warrior/Tank (+ bow for distance attacks)

Leliana : Bard/Rogue

Make sure your mages also carry the best swords/shields they can handle (keep upgrading) just in case you can't keep them away from mass attacks

finally, pause often and figure out what is happening before giving individuak instructions to each party member.

You should have no problem reaching the end of the game without going "easy"

PS - once you're able to "manually" handl your characters, use the tactics options