Can this setup run Skyrim with big graphical mods and ENB?

Halde

Hi all!

I'm soon to buy a new computer and was wondering if something like this could run Skyrim with a lot of graphical mods(think STEP amount of graphical mods) and ENB.

Intel Core i5 4670 3.4GHz Box S1150 - Haswell

Kingston HyperX DDR3 8GB kit PC1600 CL9 Genesis (2x4GB)

Asus GeForce GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5

Intel 520 SSD 250GB harddisk 550/500

Running windows 8

Sincerely

~Halde

A quick google search of your GPU shows it has 2GB of VRAM. This is your biggest contributor (and current bottleneck) if you intend on using higher resolution textures and an ENB. I have a Radeon HD 7970 with 3GB of VRAM and I am barely under cap using STEP mod suggestions.

It is by no means a bad card, but I do believe you will bottleneck there.

A quick google search of your GPU shows it has 2GB of VRAM. This is your biggest contributor (and current bottleneck) if you intend on using higher resolution textures and an ENB. I have a Radeon HD 7970 with 3GB of VRAM and I am barely under cap using STEP mod suggestions.

It is by no means a bad card, but I do believe you will bottleneck there.

bottlenecking... Please watch this. Please.

/watch?v=DAgpvWc4VBM

@ OP

Domas is however on the right track. For most games (like 9 times out of 10) you won't need more than 2GB of Vram at 1080p. When you increase the texture resolution from 1024 to 2048px by using the HD textures DLC the size doesn't double it quadriples. PC cards can handle this but the old systems couldn't and you'll be able to use these at 1080p. When you increase every rabbit, bush, rock and eyeball to have 4096px textures you need a hullavalot more VRAM..., and that's when you're going to need to start considering going for an R9 280x or a GTX 780.

So in short; your 770 will be fine as long as you're smart about what High-res textures you download.

Unless of course... you decide you want to play at 1440p. In which case the answer will be flatly no.