[Papyrus] Recieving a OnSpellCast Event

wilson212

Im currently in the process of making a mod for destruction. Essentially, you select a perk, and what this perk does is, when a destruction spell is cast, it increase the damage of the next destruction spell you cast by X%. My question is, i cant get this script to recieve an "OnSpellCast" event when attatched to the perk itself... So where can i attach this script too? Do i have to attach my script to every spell? Here is my script so far.

Scriptname ARC_IncantersFlowScript extends ReferenceAlias

Event OnSpellCast(Form akSpell)
    Debug.Notification("A spell was cast")
endEvent

When ever i cast a spell, i never receive the notification that a spell was cast.

You are attaching the script to a perk, yet you are extending ReferenceAlias. Those two do not go together.

Try applying the script you have to the player alias on a quest. If the quest is start game enabled, add a check to ensure that the player has the perk before continuing with what you want the event to do.

You are attaching the script to a perk, yet you are extending ReferenceAlias. Those two do not go together.

Try applying the script you have to the player alias on a quest. If the quest is start game enabled, add a check to ensure that the player has the perk before continuing with what you want the event to do.

Sounds like a plan Thanks :D