Sad @ Nexus Mods :(

Tikkidew

DarkeWolf sent this to me:

If we sticky every thread with good information, we would soon have several pages of stickied topics. Instead, when you have worked out a procedure that works. write it up as an article and post it in the articles section. Then use a link to the article when someone wants info on that subject. Articles can be edited at any time by the original author when new info comes up. It can be written up as a tutorial or just as general information on the subject

WTF? Look at every other site like this, if someone makes a great thread you stickie it.So, the person who inquired about this on my behalf gets talked down too?

(Thank you DarkeWolf) I've been putting together a post which would end all "how do I install DA:O mods?"threads. He knew about it for a while now, he also knew I was apprehensive about posting it because of this site's "laws". Well now I see it is pretty much meaningless. I bought a lifetime subscription not only because I stand by Nexus but to help out here and also help this site grow.

I'm a teacher in RL and love to help kids to adults but I find this unacceptable. I did not put my hard earned money into this site to just be brushed off to the way side. I'm asking you guys, please at least, consider making "DarkeWolf" a sub mod of the DA forum. You guys have no idea how active he is there. He's a valuable asset you are overlooking. Thank you good Admins and mods.

I love Nexus dearly, Billee

P.S. Lemme know if you'll sticky my "how to" thread. I promise to support it. :)

You should edit your post, but use the full editor to get rid of the <br> thing.

ya .. you know I've edited and re, re, re re, edited this post to get rid of this HTML crap, but it keeps re-appearing .. so it's all messed up. But thanks.

Seriously .. if it after the this, it's the last time I fixed the post, and then if it gets all HTML'd up. I'm done.

You should edit your post, but use the full editor to get rid of the <br> thing.

ya .. you know I've edited and re, re, re re, edited this post to get rid of this HTML crap, but it keeps re-appearing .. so it's all messed up. But thanks.

Seriously .. if it after the this, it's the last time I fixed the post, and then if it gets all HTML'd up. I'm done.

It's fixed now. :wink:

Um...I have absolutely no idea what this is about...

Anyone care to give me a background story or put it in some short and concise layman terms?

I think she means DarkeWolf should be promoted to a moderator in DA forums, becouse he is a very helpful guy there. At least that's what I understood from her post. :wink:

She is, for the most part, posting that she disagrees with the policy about not pinning threads that have been made as tutorials, or that contain really good information that could be helpful to the members that are looking for such information.

As she said, I had known that she was working on a tutorial on some of the mod installations that we were getting a lot of repeat questions about. Specifically the beautification mods such as the chargenmorphcfg.xml issues, and the issues with folks needing help with installing the mods via modmanager override files.

I had written Bben about another thread, one that had some very good information regarding adding content to Awakening.

I had asked him if that thread could be stickied, and he responded by filling me in on the board's policy regarding stickies. (Which, he did so in a polite and professional manner. There isnt any issue at all in the way that he responded.)

And the info that she quoted was the response that I had received from him, which I had sent to her so that she would know what she would need to do to post the article.

I've been on a few other forums which have had similar policies regarding stickies. Some of them prefer to add a link to the thread in a sticky, like what we've got here, for the FAQ. (Which could use some updating if anybody had time. :wink: )

Others add such information to a wiki.

Afff, I can't find it now. But there's a thread around here somewhere that's posted the proceedure for applying for a staff position here, Tikki. I really really appreciate the recommendation tho. And the vote of confidence. :smile:

[Edit] In short, she's upset that such threads arent made so that they are easy to find. Stickied, pinned, etc. And she disagrees with the policy not to do so. [/edit]

@all

That was my reply to Darkewolf. So any blame should be placed on me and not Darkewolf.

We now have over 1.5 million members. if just .1 % come up with a topic they want stickied that would be 1500 stickied topics. How does that make it easy to find?

Instead I offered the option to write it up and put it on the articles database. Where it will always be available. Articles also have a comment section that allows anyone to comment on them. I use the articles for my help files. I do this by linking anyone who has a question that could use. The articles are a much underused asset that was intended for such things as tutorials.

I have actually found that very few people actually look at the stickied topics when they want help. They will post right under the sticky that answered their question instead of reading.

<br><br>@ Tikidew: You should ask a moderator or administrator your question. Pinned topics are handled on a case by case and not by a strict rule. A topic must be exceptional and not just good to be considered though. I have lost count of the requests that say I have a great idea for a pinned topic.<br><br>Bben46

@all

That was my reply to Darkewolf. So any blame should be placed on me and not Darkewolf.

Bben46

As a community we often must sacrifice a good personal idea, for the good of all. Bben is right, but no one cam blame Tikkidew for her nice thoughts. People just seen to ignore that help is already given and thier questions are already answered. Take Oblivion mod detectives for example. It's there and with a suggestive name to, but every day there are so many new topics asking only for a mod, it just gets annoying after a while. :smile:

I dont see that there should be a blame, really at all. Like I said, you replied in a perfectly acceptable manner; politely, professionally, and gave me the details that I needed to know. And I learned some new info about these particular forums in the process. :smile:

I'm going to have to do a search for where those articles are, and whatnot, I will profess that I have not yet checked them out. :whistling: I know I've seen the link for it on the dragonagenexus page, but have not yet had sufficient time to check more into it.

I do totally agree that many times folks will simply post, rather than searching. I've answered posts that were just a couple of threads above a thread that had the answer already in it. I've got probably at least 25 bookmarks for links to pass on. Just from THESE boards alone. Thats not counting bioware, and some of the other fansites I find in google. Its like... geeze, how many times I gotta write this? Bookmark! Post link!

Which is real similar to what I know you folks on the staff go thru. You all probably answer the same questions or same issues at least 10-15 times a week. I know I did. Heck, I had a huge notepad doc of CnP responses from my boards.