Is it possible a Hollywood Movie for Skyrim?

CompanyOfGamers

46 members have voted

1. 1. There should be a movie for Dragonborn?

• Yes, there should be.
    • Yes, there should be, but not just for Dovahkiin, for whole Elder Scrolls Universe.
    • No, there shouldn't be.
  2. 2. If there was a Dragonborn movie, what would its name be for your opinion?

• Dovahkiin: The Dragonborn
    • Dovahkiin: The Last Dragonborn
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • Skyrim
    • None of them. (Please tell your suggestion about movie title.)
  3. 3. Will you send e-mails to Bethesda and a Film Producer to the Film be made?

• Yes, I will.
    • Will I? I am not sure about this.
    • I want the movie but; I don't think so.
    • I don't want the movie; so my answer is negative naturally.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the character's decision to follow Ralof instead of Hadavar? Well, yeah. But I was referring to how well the film was done using game assets and mods.

Rather than get into a "Emprie vs. Stormcloaks" discussion here I'm gonna mosey on over to the thread about that from a few months before... No, better not necro that. I'll start a new one.

There is literally so much to game that, in my opinion, in crucial to the enjoyment of it. The choices and freedom, it's all part of the game. A movie would not only leave out 85% of the game, but would be entirely too linear for the players to enjoy.

Say they made a movie (which should be called Dragonborn) and it followed just the main storyline- it wouldn't be that great. I don't like the main storyline, much. Its fantastic, don't get me wrong, but I don't know... I get more enjoyment from everything else. Also, there is no canon love interest in the game, so by default, the movie love interest of the NORD (WHITE MALE) DRAGONBORN would be Delphine (who would be played by some overrated "hot" actress like Megan Fox and just be eye candy).

. Also, there is no canon love interest in the game, so by default, the movie love interest of the NORD (WHITE MALE) DRAGONBORN would be Delphine (who would be played by some overrated "hot" actress like Megan Fox and just be eye candy).

*cough* Lydia *cough*

:P

. Also, there is no canon love interest in the game, so by default, the movie love interest of the NORD (WHITE MALE) DRAGONBORN would be Delphine (who would be played by some overrated "hot" actress like Megan Fox and just be eye candy).

*cough* Lydia *cough*

:tongue:

Wait do people actually use Lydia as a follower

*cough* Lydia *cough* :tongue:

A following packmule, maybe...

That said, I recall a poll somewhere which had Lydia as the single most popular follower...

I meant that to highlight how by picking a side, the video instantly alienates or invalidates 50% of the players experiences. This is exactly why TES games are not good movie material.

Ah. Now I see.

Well, I do see your point but, it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm going Imperial in my game and I still enjoyed the machinima Dragonborn immensely. I guess it's because I treat the two of them (the game and the movie) separately. I really have to question whether a majority, or even a significant percentage, of Skyrim players would be turned off by a movie just because it does not follow the choices they made.

Now the points about the movie being too short/narrow of focus (main plot only, perhaps a few of the quests, tops) is an interesting topic. One might be tempted to point at the LotR trilogy. But that was based on novels, not games. Novels are focused to begin with. Yes, yes, I know -the Silmarillion was all over the place. But I always considered that a grab-bag of anthologies written in the tone of a college professor's notes.

Aaaand, I'm getting off-topic. Sorry. I really think there is a place for a Skyrim movie. But it will most likely be quite a bit different from even the start of the main-storyline in TESV.

(For one thing, it would be really nice if they stopped this whole "prisoner" thing. I mean, it's like Bethesda has got some weird fetish for dungeons and prisoners...)

Never base a movie on the protagonist of an openworld RPG:

because every protagonist's story is different,

you'll never capture the look of my 3 protagonists,

you'll never make me care more about Jason "The Dragonborn" Statham than my own DB.

and the big one: I already know what's going to happen.

Instead, I'd love a movie based on TES lore, but not part of the TES games.

*cough* Lydia *cough*

:tongue:

Of course, Big Boe wants one of my followers to do her magic.