Has Anyone Heard of ACTA

mam72

ACTA, or the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement is basically a global law by many countries governments(including USA and UK) to stop copyright infringements, at first your thinking its only about illegal downloading, it affects freedom of speech on the internet and a lot of websites (youtube, facebook, and yes even this website will be affected by the new laws).

this explains it better than i can

here is another one (there is a lot of searing in these videos and other links )

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ACTA

I'd believe it when I see it. Frankly, I don't think they have any chance that it could even be enforced, let alone be worthwhile to enforce. They can't do much against actual seafaring pirates, so they probably won't be doing much about the surfing ones.

So they try to search our all hard drives?

Nice idea :thumbsup: , this actually stops all pirates. Everybody knows that it is technically impossible to hide a hd, neither sb is able to have a pc without beeing connected to the www :thumbsup:

They seems to have an awesome plan. That's why the Amiga 500 failed, just too much internet around. :laugh:

/sarcasm

In reality, almost everyone has some form of illegal software in our computers. Trying to regulate that is quite silly. Everyone is going to be fined a million. Trying to box us in anyway they can....

I'm going to miss internet freedom.

I think it is utter rubbish that governments have to resort this type of manner when the actions of a few cause something like this. This and mark my words would cause the opposite effect and will be shot down like all others before it. It would cause nothing more than suspicion and it is a breach of civil liberties in a way (I read what I could dig up). Old men on high chairs know nothing about the Internet :unhappy:, they are fighting a losing battle. Instead of improving our infrastructure, health and education, they have to start cracking down on everyone on the Internet.