Spawn any object in game

HugePinball

I've never actually played any of the "The Sims" games - can you maybe find or make some screenshots to give me more of an example of what you mean?

I think I'm really leaning towards doing what I said above - forgetting about organization to start with and just trying to get as much in there as possible, simply in a few categories by size. It will give people a chance to get a better idea of what I've meant when saying "virtually any object" will be available. If no one finds any major issues in the test version that's currently posted, I may then just put that up as the official v0.9.2, since it seems that putting files in the Miscellaneous category on the Files tab makes them effectively invisible to many people :dry:

I hope you found it!

Ok, I'm not sure how practical this "no organization" version will be. I started trying to put things in lists grouped roughly by size, and so far I've got 586 objects in four lists (small, medium, large, and very large) - and I've only gone through the Movable Statics, and less than halfway through the Statics (I'm skipping most of the architectural elements, which are the bulk of the Statics). That means there's well over 100 items in each group to flip through, and I've also got another 57 things I decided to throw into an "extremely large" group. I don't know how usable this will be, but I might as well keep going at this point.

One thing though (which is not shown in the video) - while browsing through objects in Spawn mode, you can open the Action menu (default key is Num/) and add things to the Favorites list. This might be one intermediate solution. You could browse through these huge lists and add selected items to Favorites, and then spawn objects from there. If it made sense, I could even give a few favorites lists to add items too, so you can group items yourself somewhat (maybe small, medium, large, or whatever).

Hopefully I'll have something to post tomorrow so those interested in testing will have several hundred objects to choose from.

Your question sounds just like the discussion about what categories to make available for mods. :wink:

I think you are on the right track however. Come up with your own version of some basic lists and get feedback on how to better organize the "stuff"...if there is little to no feedback, then that means you're done. :laugh:

Most people are very visual in nature and would need to see all the objects 1st in order to decide how they should be grouped. Keep in mind that most "users" won't even know what all is available..probably even most modders. I've modded Oblivion for a LONG time and I still would not be able to visualize all the possible widgets available in the game. Armor and weapons? Sure...clutter, furniture, etc. Nope.

Oh, if you think the groups you are setting up are too large, make a 2nd group once you hit a certain number.

Example:

Small1 (contains 1st 50 small objects)

Small2 (contains 2nd 50 small objects)

etc.

LHammonds

Your question sounds just like the discussion about what categories to make available for mods. :wink:

Yeah, pretty much - although currently I have (at least) one major handicap: I can only let you view one item at a time, so it would seem that many sub-divisions are needed to keep to keep the individual groups to a manageable size. I've had some ideas for a system that lets you view multiple items at once (so it's more like browsing categories on the Nexus), but I haven't yet experimented with any.

Most people are very visual in nature and would need to see all the objects 1st in order to decide how they should be grouped. Keep in mind that most "users" won't even know what all is available..probably even most modders. I've modded Oblivion for a LONG time and I still would not be able to visualize all the possible widgets available in the game. Armor and weapons? Sure...clutter, furniture, etc. Nope.

Right, that was part of my thinking for trying to put together this "unorganized" version with as much stuff as possible.

Oh, if you think the groups you are setting up are too large, make a 2nd group once you hit a certain number.

Yeah, after a while when I checked how big the lists were, I was thinking I should've started out that way. I'm not sure I wanna start over again right now though - we'll see what happens :tongue:

EDIT:

I threw together a few demo shots I made with my working version:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15260

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15261

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15262

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15263

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15264

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=15265

I spawned a few things from the "extremely large objects" list, including the Washington monument and Vault-Tec headquarters. Very little thought was put into these pics, although I do like my mushroom garden :happy:

Ok, if anyone wants to give this a try, I have a new ESP (to be used with the v0.9.2 WIP version available under Miscellaneous on the file page) that has well over 2000 objects available for spawning.

Download it here: FengShui_v0.9.2_WIP_ESP.rar

As stated above, these objects are grouped into five categories by size only. For this purpose, I didn't scrutinize things very much so there's likely some overlap and misplacement between the groups, but it's roughly like this:

Small: Anything smaller than a desktop terminal (346 items).

Medium: Up to about workbench and refrigerator size (654 items).

Large: Up to about the size of cars, and taller things like lampposts (573 items).

Very Large: Bigger than cars, up to billboards and smaller houses (383 items).

Extremely Large: Full-size buildings, structures, and other really big things, includes things like water towers, Megaton wall sections, diners, and satellite facilities (173 items).

I also left in the "Furnishings" and "Inventory Items" categories as seen in the video, since they are already pretty well organized, so that includes all chairs, beds, tables, shelves, etc.

Alright, go nuts!

• 3 weeks later...

i-ve been testing it for two days (first test i've done ) so i think i wouldn't be a very trustable source but i have this

i had the same issues as lord kinoda and entering the fresh save worked perfectly but i got a crash after i enter the esc menu and click the continue where the whole spawn object menu dissapeared as well as the highlights so i quitted the game, started it again, loaded a save file i had done in the middle of a feng shui session and everything seemed fine again.

now with this new esp you are posting do i overwrite the previous feng shui wip version or how do i proceed????? since you said it has to be used along with the previous version.

but till now without that small bug everything seems fine and really stable, and really great mod

Yes, the file posted above is simply an updated ESP, so overwrite the one from the v0.9.2 WIP package you downloaded from the file page.

I must have a little bug somewhere that causes the hotkey controls to not initialize properly when upgrading under certain conditions. I'll see if I can find it, since I'd prefer not to force people to use a new save.

However, I think I may only do one more direct update to the current version - mostly minor bugfixes - and release it as the full v0.9.2. After that I hope to start on some major rewriting and changes. So thanks for the bug report (they are still important), but I'd really appreciate feedback from anyone on how to change or improve the current features in Feng Shui (especially object spawning), or new features you'd like to see.

ok now that i have checked the small medium and large categories

i suggest make a extra small category for some smaller or equal to the broken tv, and check out the coincidences you have in the large and medium categories ( cars seem to be in both )

and as a suggestion for a more specifically categorized menu you might use a wall and fences category and a floor and rocks category a lighting category and a sign category and leave the rest in the same small medium large organization. i came with the idea of the categories since most of the i search for an item i have to scroll over all the walls and fences and rocks and floors that i think i might not use in a while, and i constantly search for signs and wall fixtures to decore my house. I know it-s hell of a job to organize everything that way and i would help you doing it but i have just started with all this mod stuff and i know nothing about how to do it or even to use the geck. but if you want me to test a speceific part of the mod or my opinion on something just tell me

Any sort of container would be REAL nice. Sittable objects and stuff like tables can come second. Then others...

Again I insist on dealing containers first. I NEEDZ MOAR AND CONTROLLABLE CONTAINERS.

eLucifer-

Maybe you haven't been paying attention. All chairs, stools, benches, and tables are already available in Spawn Mode nicely organized (as well as beds, shelves, and some other furnishings). I never put containers in their own category, but in the test ESP they're in the appropriate size categories (most are in Medium, I think) along with over 2000 other objects.