Crash When Exiting Doc Mitchell's House

RampageJ

• 1 year later...

If you can get to the point where you leave Doc's house before a CTD, then you have a mod conflict. If you have between 130-140 active mods (ESMs and ESPs), then likely you also have too many mods. There are too many variables in terms of which mods you have installed for anyone to be able to guess which is causing the conflict without seeing your "load order" (LO). Even then, conflict isolation will probably be required. In the long run, going through the process of re-installing and testing each mod thoroughly is the best course of action. That way there will be no doubt as to the source of the problem. Believe me when I say you do not want to find out some mod is causing a conflict when you're hours into the game. Uninstalling a mod can still leave "residue" behind in save games that continue to cause problems.

I always allow at least a week to get a modded game set up and tested before playing. Trying to hurry that (usually be skimping on the testing of each mod) is pretty much guaranteeing failure from bitter experience. If you just want to play quickly, stick with vanilla.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 1 year later...

Wrong question. Please see the 'Issue: Modded game CTDs on startup' entry in the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If that is not enough to help you, please start your own thread and provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article.

-Dubious-