What did I just kill?

SpartanSamuel

Having just finished the quest with the Orc "Knight" in Leyawin, I left the county for Bravil. My speed being 150 and Agility at 75 I was speeding along fairly quickly when I noticed a dark shaped dart out in front of me. I began to race after it to discover what it was, and during the following pursuit I noticed it had packs on it's back like some sort of carrying mule. I shot a "Magic Missle" at it and destroyed it with the cry of a pterodactyl. I looked over it's dead body, and it looked like a bulkier, more muscular raptor with what I confirmed to be several off-white carrying sacks strapped to it's back. It's name was Kess, and I can't find ANY references to it in the UESP for Oblivion or Shivering Isles alike. Has anyone ran across this creature like I have, and if so, do you know what the hell it is?

The mods I currently have installed and activated are in alphabetical order: Bag of Holding, Better Gold, Better Letters, Clocks of Cyrodill, Cyrodill Border Remover, Deadlier Sneaking, Downloadable Content (all of it), Enhanced Weather, House Map Markers, ImpiREAL Empire (of the Castle variety and Fort variety), Quest Award Leveling, Social Awareness, Stormier Storms, Tamriel Travellers, UOP, and X-Ray Detection.

On a side note, sometimes during conversations the NPC's will adhere to two different facial meshes simultaneously so that their mouth won't move, but the face mesh under it will. It's awkward, but I don't really mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to say that reading this made me spit coffee all over my laptop. Oh, poor Kess. Poor, poor Kess. Thanks for the laugh; you have a great style of writing that reminds me of... me.

Maybe it's even funnier to me because those guars drive me nuts. I have some mod or other that adds wild guars to the game (not sure which one). My usual instinct is not to shoot at anything unless I know it's going to eat me if I don't, but it's not always easy to tell that the creature I'm approaching is a slavering hungry wild guar and NOT a tame pack guar until I'm close enough for it to suddenly whirl around and attack me. And they're freaking hard to kill for my low-level character, so I usually try to take them out with my bow from sneak mode before they see me, for that extra sneak damage. Unfortunately I haven't hit the point in marksman yet where you gain the ability to zoom in on your target. See where this is going?

I admit I'm guilty of (coughs) accidental murders of a few pack guars for this reason. I always feel so bad when I come closer and realize I've just slaughtered some trader's poor innocent beast of burden. But damnit, it LOOKED like a wild guar from my angle, and it's a guar-eat-guar world out there. I had to defend myself. Then I have to buy some useless junk from the trader to make up for my faux pas. Or just slink off shamefully before anyone notices...

On a side note, sometimes during conversations the NPC's will adhere to two different facial meshes simultaneously so that their mouth won't move, but the face mesh under it will. It's awkward, but I don't really mind.

Thats the double face bug, if you have the unofficial Oblivion Patch installed it will give you a lesser power that enables you to correct this.