Strange Bug...possibly textures but dont think so

GunerX

So...I have a bug relating to textures (I say "relating" because it affects textures but I dont think its the textures fault).

Here is a video I made of the bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYG69kqqe2o&feature=youtu.be

As you can see something very strange is happening with my texture files (it is happening on ALL textures but it is most noticable on Snow). I have tried downloading different textures and they did not fix the problem.

The reason I think it is NOT a texture bug is because if I move close to it, it fixes itself.

I have BOSS and it says I have 0 errors and 0 warnings.

Here is all my installed Mods.

http://imgur.com/a/fjCy2#0

My specs.

CPU: Intel i7 930 | 2.8 GHz

RAM: 12.00GB

Graphics: Nvidia GTX 480 x3 in SLI

Drive Game is Installed On: SSD 40GB

Will edit/post more info soon.

Edited by GunerX

Hey GunerX,

Can I have your PC spec and your mod list please. I'm guessing you've got 2 mods installed trying to overwrite the same texture, either that or something is seriously wrong with your Shadow Draw Distance. Anyway drop the info in and I'll take a look. Also this might seem strange, but can you take a screen shot of you settings on the Skyrim Loader please? Cheers.

MS.

OK! I solved half of the problem!

I dont know how, but my shadow drawdistance got set to a misealy 1000, i reset it to the default 8000 and it ALMOST fixes the bug.

The super messed up looking shadows are still there, but now there are far less of them.

So any way to improve the shadows quality themselves? (also I need this to be a specific edit because I CANNOT use the ingame settings of "low, medium, high" because they cause the game to randomly CTD)

To be quite honest you should always set the Shadows to low quality, it's been noted that having them on anything else can cause issues even on high end machines. I'd look through the .ini files in the My Documents/My Game/Skyrim directory and see if there's anything in there you can tweak to edit the shadow settings. Also good work on sorting most of the issue out.

MS.