Load Order For Mods?

Hello all, I apologize for bringing up a topic that I'm sure is thrown around quite a bit on these forums, but I'm fairly new to the modding scene, and seem to have quite a few issues. Thanks for your patience.

At any rate, I perused the Nexus site, and found quite a few mods I wanted to use. I downloaded them, installed them, no problem. However, once I hit the loading "Bethesda Softworks" and the copyright screen thereafter, my game crashes without fail. I'm certain my load order is wrong, but like I said, I'm new to this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/timmy335-me2/FOMM3.png

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/timmy335-me2/FOMM4.png

Try this for getting your load order sorted...

http://loot.github.io

You might also have some conflicts between various mods so I would suggest using a program called FNVedit. Free to download and some decent tutorials on how to use it to create a merge patch.

Eventually I think it would be wise to learn how to use Wyreflash to created a bashed patch to help with mod conflicts.

Also make sure you read the requirements each mod has . Sometimes you need additional mods or programs to get things working so read carefully.

For example, have you installed NVSE? It is a program that many mods require.

Anyway good luck.

Edited by Kembativz

Crash on start up is usually caused by missing masters. If you look at your load order, you will see that you have quite a few mods that require the DLCs as a master. You have them installed, but not activated. Activate the DLCs and see where this takes you.

Crash on start up is usually caused by missing masters. If you look at your load order, you will see that you have quite a few mods that require the DLCs as a master. You have them installed, but not activated. Activate the DLCs and see where this takes you.

^ This.

Getting mods to work smoothly can be overwhelming at first. If I were you just try to see if you can get the load order fixed. So I would suggest either downloading LOOT or BOSS. I think LOOT is more up-to-date. Just go to the link in my first post, download LOOT, and follow install instructions. Once that is done you just run the program and it should be able to help with load order. Keep us updated. Mods make a world of difference.

Again, you have patches activated and do not have the masters activated. Check your Project Nevada compatibility patches. You have them active and do not have Project Nevada active. You need to go over your load list and make sure you have the masters installed and activated for all the mods you have activated. Also, you should delete all the files that are not active.

Don't worry about the warnings for the DLC.

Sorry I didn't say such, I activated those when you said that. There are some files that say no dlc though (EVE FNV no dlc) stuff like that. Does that mean that I shouldn't load those?

Yes, you do not activate the no dlc when you have the dlc active. The same with No Gra.

Here's the thing, if you have the mod active, you need the compatibility patches active. If the mod is not active, you cannot have the patches active or the game will crash.

Here are tips on how to get the game running: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/652876-fallout-3-modding-and-you/

Ok, one other thing, when I downloaded weapon mod recipes, it came with multiple files that said the same thing (Lonesome road, etc). Some had R's on the end of it, some S. Do both of those need to load? Again, I apologize for all the confusion, but I do really appreciate your help