Join Empire or Stormcloaks? My Thoughts

LeddBate

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, the Stormcloaks do have a couple Imperials (race) in their ranks, so they are not all Nords.

Technically, no they don't. Sylvian is only a prospective Stormcloak, who never reaches Windhelm if I have anything to do with it. And Reburrus Quintilius isn't a Stormcloak, he's just a steward with a money fetish in a city that he's free to tax into Oblivion thanks to the Stormcloaks.

The only non-Nord who is definitely a Stormcloak is Cade, the son Endon and Kerah (in Markarth) sometimes talk about. And even then, he's never seen, and it's possible he's not a Redguard like them (given how common adoption is in Skyrim).

Edited by GetTheJojDone

Well, then the Stormcloaks even employ beastkin (at least more than the Empire, anyway).

Ah, but you have to realise that very few in the Jarls' courts (Imperial or Stormcloak) even care about the war. I'd say neither Teeba-Ei, nor anyone else in Sorli the Builder's court really count as Stormcloaks, they never even mention the war, the Imperials, or the Stormcloaks, not even Sorli herself. Hell, Sorli doesn't even believe in the Nine. As far as I can tell, Sorli was chosen by Ulfric because she was pretty much the only person left in Hjaalmarch who had any experience of leadership, not because she had any Stormcloak loyalties. And I'd presume that Sorli chose her court herself, so Pactur and Teeba-Ei probably don't care about the Stormcloaks any more than she does.

Edited by GetTheJojDone

• 2 weeks later...

...I haven't spent much time on the Stormcloak side of things (their uniforms are just so... Ugly)

Agreed. Although I think you're being too polite. I would use the term "Fugly" for the vanilla 'cloaks outfits. I mean, really... -the basic Stormcloak cuirass looks like it's spray-painted on.

You might remember that (as the OP) I mentioned that I had to remove Warzones from my first game at level 5 and restart. Well, MyGoodEye and Grand Bulwark completely overhauled the mod and now it works just fine. (I know, I beta tested it.) Anyway, the Armoury plug-in for the mod changes most of the 'nilla Stormcloak's outfits into much cooler looking armor (that actually looks like it's being worn as opposed to painted on them.) There's images (in the "User" section) that shows some of the new armor. But the best ones are what Raloff and Ulfric are wearing during the cart ride to Helgen. Raloff actually looks heroic now and Ulfric looks absolutely bad-ass. (Still a d**k though, IMO.)

Tell you what. I'll try to get some screen caps of the cart-ride intro with the mod added and come back here and paste them in.

Edited by LeddBate

Not really, no. Uriel VII's Empire was on a high ebb, which had been building up since the reign of his great uncle Uriel VI. Even after the Simulacrum, Uriel managed to restore order.

Again, no, Uriel's reign is proof to the contrary. Everything was going swimmingly till his assassination.

Umm... No? Uriel VII was unpopular, viewed as ineffective and prone to scandal and generally regarded as one of the weakest Emperors of the 3rd Era. He maintained control, barely, though the skil of his generals and the Blades, but the Empire was hardly doing 'swimmingly'.