Join Empire or Stormcloaks? My Thoughts

LeddBate

@Lachdonin

However the Thalmor planned to free Ulfric, I don't think asking Tullius was ever an option. Once he was headed for the block, they could have demanded that he be sent to Northwatch Keep instead, or something else. But do not assume that they had already asked and that Tullius had already refused.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want my personal opinion?? Chosse companions they are the best thing that can happen EVERYONE respects you. You can't chose side at the cv because your shield-brother haven't and are also a hero to everybody just when you see a fight(between storm-imperials) walk away but if you see imperial attacking a bear help them ....just be a hero

p.s if you are going to play as a bad guy (DB,TG) don't choose side

Eorlund definitely has a preferred side.

If the Stormcloaks manage to conquer Whiterun, you can ask him if he is happy: "I'm sure my brother Vignar is, since they made him Jarl after throwing Balgruuf out. Comes the end of the day, Imperials and Stormcloaks ain't much different. Both sides want to tell you how you should live your life. Guess I'd rather hear it from a real Nord than some Emperor down south." However, a new greeting shows his stance: "Whiterun belongs to the true sons of Skyrim now, just as it should."

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Eorlund_Gray-Mane

- and if you take on the related Gray-mane quest regarding Thorold, he heads off to join the Stormcloaks. So that makes two from the family at least, likely three if you include Avulstein.

Yes, I think most of the Companions are with the Stormcloacks, including the Grey-Manes. I think the only clans in Skyrim that ally with the Empire are the Battle-Borns and the Blackbriars. And both of those have connections with the Thieve's Guild. I am not saying that all the other Stormcloack clans are perfect(Silver-Blood), but it is worth noting. I think the Cruel Seas also are with the Guild though, but they have a good reason.

Yes, I think most of the Companions are with the Stormcloacks, including the Grey-Manes. I think the only clans in Skyrim that ally with the Empire are the Battle-Borns and the Blackbriars. And both of those have connections with the Thieve's Guild. I am not saying that all the other Stormcloack clans are perfect(Silver-Blood), but it is worth noting. I think the Cruel Seas also are with the Guild though, but they have a good reason.

Clans that are represented in-game are not all of the clans of Skyrim: if most were allied with the Stormcloaks, the Civil War would not begin tilted in the Empire's favor. The implication is that the people of Skyrim are roughly evenly divided on the issue: thus why it is a Civil War, and not an isolated insurgency or a revolution. Of the groups you listed, the Companions are neutral, seeing no honor in the squabbling of Jarls, the Blackbriars don't care who rules Skyrim as they retain influence and wealth either way, and the Thieves' Guild also doesn't care, seeing as they operate against the law no matter who determines it.

Moreover the Thieve's Guild are too busy being messed over by their leadership and Nocturnal to care about the civil war. They are also idiots who think that robbing their home town of Riften blind would somehow be a good long term plan, and that taking something from a Drauger infested ruin is somehow the heist of the century.

But then the Dark Brotherhood is willing to accept a pathetic 20,000 gold for the death of an Emperor.

The writers have been pretty good at making a good game, but personally have no business sense lol.