Want Free Games??

The Extreme TES

For those who are so vehemently for the software-industry - i don't care about such things;

ethically too unimportant and useless to think about.

I've got 2 Windows7 Pro(32bit&64bit) and i've paid 140€ for each, but even if i knew that my neighbour uses illegal software - i won't call their hotline.

The red line to cross to betray someone lies for me beyond the crime-potential of software-piracy it's simply not enough.

Well, what about people like me? It's really hard to find some games in my country, I payed around 50$ for Awakening, it was really hard to get... And you should consider that there is no such thing as a Copyright Rule or anything here.

Then you're on your own, and have to deal with all the horrible things that come with illegal/bootleg copies of said games. Even if there is no law regarding these things in your country, it doesn't change the fact that it is not allowed here. Nearly every country in the EU, Australia, most of the Americas, some parts of Africa, and many parts of Asia have some form of law related to copyright, and as other parts of the world become more involved in the global market, these laws are expanding. They're not always enforced, but do exist. As this site is hosted in the UK, and most members of this site are from countries with copyright laws, the site must follow those laws.

While I can sympathize, you won't get any help related to these things; those sites, or any of the nasty things you might pick up from using those sites, from this site. You are on your own. This is not a "go ahead" to do whatever you want, but instead an acceptance that you are not governed by such laws in your country, and probably have many fine bootleggers who make a good living based on these laws. Although bootleggers are also not paying the companies that make these products, atleast they are someone who is dependent on repeat business, so isn't as likely to screw you over... However, it should be noted that as both piracy and bootlegging is an illegal act and condemned by most governments, these people ARE criminals, so probably aren't safe to conduct business with. Meaning that in 99% of cases, you're just better off buying the dang game from an online shipper who delivers to your country and saving yourself the potential problem and possible loss of life/assets.

As to the original question, people post stuff like that either because they don't know site rules, are misinformed about statuses related to a specific product, or assume that otherwise illegal behavior is acceptable.

Edited by Vagrant0

Man you can say that again, one of my schoolmates bought Avatar in HD three days before it was in cinemas anywhere, the people here hell know it's stealing when you buy the copied thing, but there are somethings about Iran you still don't know. All the things sold in official market are also copied, that means that the main theif and smug is the Goverment here, so people rather buy things from handlers than to get the more expensive usually cencored byh Goverments version, and you must also note that about a quarter of games, movies and other stuff are not sold in the public market, not that they are Illegal, just that they don't fit with the whole Islamic Republic crap.

Yes, I know it's still stealing, but I'd rather give my money to a handler or download from a torrent or pirate site than to pay the Goverment for a fake, cencored version. It must be hard to believe, but they really do control everything. As for getting it directly I must say most companies do not work with Iran, and as you probably know there is no Airline between Iran and America, so that makes things pretty hard.

I do totally agree with the site rules though now, when you can really choose between paying for what you get and stealing the right thing to do is obvious, and the other way should not be supported.

I just wanted to say that do not always consider these things as a disease, they ruin much that is obvious, but they also help people like us in countries like Iran to somehow break the long wall between us and the world. And I must add that I gladly thank you for understanding.

Corlan