The "I remember when..." thread

DarkeWolf

Speaking of first games...

I remember my first game. It was Age of Empires and it came from all places... a cereal box with permission from MS of course. I played it for hours and still do in somewhat smaller intervals. I miss the good old days when you could get free stuff in cereal boxes and you could use it hours on end but they don't do that anymore *sigh*.

Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards. It was all toung in cheek with nothing that would be NSFW today.

First computer - 1976, Altair 8800. I still miss the simplicity of the S100 buss design. I later worked with a Cromeco S100 based system with 4 processors (And you thought that was something new) Each on a separate processor board - allowing it to run as if it were 4 separate computers or share processor power and Ram ( in 64 K banks). I had been in electronics for a while at the time and had worked on several analog type aircraft nav computers previously.

I remember when MyBrute appeared and suddenly became popular and everyone posted links everywhere and threads about it got locked and I thought it was all dumb. Not long ago, but yeah. :tongue:

Thor.

Posted Today, 03:14 AM

now the amiga cd32bit now that was a console.

I didn't think anyone but me ever bought that console, if my memory is correct they got taken over soon after the console's launch, and games, support etc just vanished.

I remember being able to buy sweets for a half penny ( English money ) and 50p and £1 were notes not coins.

• 1 month later...
I remember the first time I played a video game. It was an online LEGO thing.. Some Bionicle point-and-click adventure. And I could only play it when nobody was expecting a phone call.

I remember our first television. It was this huge box with a tiny little black and white screen that must have been about 8 inches square. The very first program that came on when my Dad turned it on was Howdy Doody. Yeah, Buddah, I'm old too. I also remember the first computer game (aside from Breakout, which I still love) that I played was a game called Dragon Warrior. I'm pretty sure that was the name, and I thought it was the cat's meow, (or is it the cat's pajamas? well anyway I liked it). Then I graduated to Zelda and some of the Mario games. I remember a game called Bandit Kings of Ancient China that I loved and still wish they would make for the PC. I think these were all probably old Nintendo games. I don't play on Nintendos anymore.

This is a cool topic DW. Thanks for starting it. It's been fun reading everyone's posts. :thumbsup:

I remember when the N64 was my only game station, and I played awesome old school games with awesome music like this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUt5vC_9sS4

I also remember seeing that specific game in arcade before I had a N64...but I didint like arcade buttons and joysticks and stuff, and I had a hard time playing while standing on my tippy toes...eheh... :happy: