Gore and "The Elder Scrolls V"

Bael

I agree completely with Vagrant0 and LHammonds. To DagonTheranis, hasn't there always been gory overtones in fantasy? Oblivion truly had something for pretty much everybody. I'm talking of course about the assassin questline with the "Black Hand." The "Jason Vorhees" reference where the one member of the black hand had his mothers head in his room under the lighthouse. In light a modicum of gore is not new to the series at all. And Bethesda has yet to present something that is way to over the top for the situation(with the exeption of the constant missing in Morrowind, and the fact that everything was leveled in Oblivion, but hey, they learned from it.) Their guys are great for keeping things tasteful. Remember all the noise about VATS? I found it wasn't as immersion breaking as people thought it would be. Except for the occasional ten seconds of bush in some of the outside venues, no innuendo implied.

• 2 weeks later...

About the game engine, CryEngine 3 (for PC) could be a great engine. It's also pretty moddable, and got very decent graphics. I'm not sure it can be done, though. Like Thor said, maybe it can use DX11, because it won't show up in a few years. Or maybe it will get a reboot ?

About the gore . . . not for me. After all, this is a fantasy game, it should be quite friendly.