Swam Song

Monkeyuncle8

this is a topic for anyone who is ending there Oblivion modding career

Since the elder scrolls 5 game is supposed to be announced this year its probably a good time to be finishing off

I am deciding to end my modding career with a bang, with what I hope to be my best modd air island

how are you gonna end you Oblivion modding career?

Do you mean "Swan Song?"

There is no real reason for anyone to quit modding Oblivion unless it is no longer fun for them. People are still modding and playing Morrowind. People could go on playing and modding Oblivion for a long time.

Here is one point to consider: The mods for Oblivion are awesome! The mods for TES5 really stink and are no fun. (Because there aren't any.) It might be a long time before modders really learn the twists and turns of the new CS and start creating numerous mods that work well and are fun to play.

There is also the question of when TES5 will be released. The official Bethesda stance is, "Never. We will never make TES5." But that would be a bad business move. They want to make money, and someone at Bethesda will get the bright idea that another sequel would rake in lots of money from a loyal fan base with very little risk. I think TES5 will be released in 1-4 years.

So my answer is that I will quit modding when I feel like it. At that point, I will update the descriptions of all my mods to indicate that they are all abandoned, unsupported, and public domain. But I don't know when I will quit modding. Probably not too soon. I bought a new video game three days ago, and it stinks and I am already back to Oblivion. It is pretty hard to beat a moddable Elder Scrolls game.

TES:V is purely fan based speculation and ideas. Nothing has been set in stone. Bethesda's own Pete Hines and Todd Howard both declared that they currently have no plans for the next Elder Scrolls Adventure. Let us stop the spread of bad information :) You can follow more about it on the Officals.

Yeah, I find TES5 impossible too. There are no plans, but I'm sure they'll do it up to 2015, and yes, it will be revolutionary!! But for now, don't trouble yourself with that stuff, if you don't like it anymore, then don't mod anymore. But you might wait for short, or even long time for TES5 to come. It can't be said for sure. :confused:

I think next year will be when it's released. They don't churn out games like other developers so they will probably focus on Brink and then plan on TES:5 next year. Paul Oughton has said that there would be TES:5 by 2010 this was 2 years ago so they are obviously working on it. though this is my speculation.

More importantly, just because a new TES game is coming out doesn't mean people will stop modding for the current one. Look at Morrowind, it's still an active and thriving community. Even still, most everyone involved with a real project will likely continue working on that project until it's done, TESV or not.

Closing this thread since there is no evidence to suggest anything like this will be happening.