⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Why do you care so much about lore-friendly mods?

Joedpa

This is really easy question for me.

I love Skyrim, it's mechanics, it's design.

So I use not so many mods.

The answer is: whenever I see not so lore-friendly mod I feel like it has something to do with anime. In bad way. Not that I have something bad to say against anime but it leaves bad taste.

About enb...

I don't use any enb features (except memory tweaks). I can't understand why people love enbs so much. For example dof is so unrealistic. Blur/bloom/dof/saturation... These things destroy textures, graphics style.

The only thing I would use from enb is sunrays. But the problem is I use driver aa which by the way truly enchants Skyrim graphics, and I can't get enb working along with driver tweaks.

I'd say that the thing in being "lore friendly" might not even be about lore friendliness.

Many, if not most of the "non-lore-friendly" mods look like crap, are sloppily made or consist of bigger boobs. (Or butts)

When you say "lore friendly", it makes me think about something that fits the world, looks good and seems seamless.

It's not necessarily lore friendly, it just looks like it could fit into Skyrim/TES universe.

Another example: Monster mod adds "scamps" into game. those are lore-friendly, right? However, I hate those. Just because graphics look like they don't belong to Skyrim at all.

When I look at mod, I don't start checking UESP wiki if it's possible that soles like that are already invented, I just check if the armor looks good enough to fit into "my" skyrim and I install it.