Music

Nadin

What happened to music? We started by banging to rocks together and screaming, then slowly developed better rocks and things like strings, and sang. Then we went through the classical stage, with complex instruments and beautiful music, as well as operatic singing. Then some stuff happened (I'm not sure what music goes here) And we had such glorious things as big band and swing, the possible pinnacle of musical capabilities.

Now we have lady GaGa. Somebody mind telling me what the **** happened?

I think most of those pop stars like lady gaga just want the money. They record a song with their normal crappy voice and then they change and improve it with all the computer stuff...also, most of them are just famous cuz people think they look Sexy and stuff and I guess most of them would not listen to them if they would not look like they do. Why can't we have some bands like Linkin park and Slipknot with the 1999 style back?

I think most of those pop stars like lady gaga just want the money. They record a song with their normal crappy voice and then they change and improve it with all the computer stuff...also, most of them are just famous cuz people think they look Sexy and stuff and I guess most of them would not listen to them if they would not look like they do. Why can't we have some bands like Linkin park and Slipknot with the 1999 style back?

I hate double posts, especially if the are cuz of my mobile Phone..

Edited by MonsterHunterMaster

They record a song with their normal crappy voice and then they change and improve it with all the computer stuff
True, computers are just getting too advanced. This could be dangerous.

I think musicians needs to be the most talented people in the world, not just common people with luck. I don't say Lady Gaga is bad, I'd say she's too overrated. And I mean THIS overrated. On youtube, you'll find her name so often.

What happened to it? It's just like the gaming industry...whatever makes them a ton of money they put out.....doesn't matter what the heck it is these days. Rock has felt this greatly...listen to the rock station for awhile....they all sound the same! The lyrical themes are all the same! They all sound like Pearl Jam...that "goat boy" voice I like to call it lol. This is why the radio sucks.

But even with the music I listen to...seems like the minute the year 2000 came along, they changed their music to the extreme. I don't believe that's "evolving", I really think their producer wasn't going to keep them if they didn't change. In Flames...wow...you can hear the difference...it's still really hard for me to believe that they made The Jester Race after listening to A Sense of Purpose. A solid 10 years of some of the best death metal I've listened to lyrically and musically...then 2000 hits and they start to sound like everyone else.

Lady GaGa...well don't get me started on her....I'm just disgusted that my 3 year old sister listens to it...and likes her music videos...and I've seen one of the videos...NO ONE that doesn't understand what some of that stuff is should ever see that. She just acts and dresses like a freak because more people that don't even like her will talk about her and get her more money and publicity...

More music less video, is my opinion. If I want to see the band, by a concert ticket. Problem is many of the newer bands can´t even play live. It´s all visual, forget about the song, that´s just 3 min 20 sec of something. They don´t even concentrate to make a good hit, they concentrate on the visual thing. A lot of flashes, good boobies, some a:ss, and thats it.

I was a musician in the -70´s - 80´s (bass guitar) We had no video at that time, we just played from the bottom of our hearts, but could hardly make a living from it. :geek:

You might call me an old man, but I prefer my old -70 music, only very little of the new stuff. Pink is good. I like her music and lyrics a lot.

Yeah, I do think that videos are part of the issue. If you look at the more popular musicians, they are entirely female, with the exception of the jonas brothers being marketed towards prepubescent girls.

Whereas 60 years ago there was an equal amount of males and females, and you usually only saw them in pictures unless you were REALLY lucky and saw them live.

You cannot deny that there is a definite gap in quality between lady gaga and ella fitzgerald.