Glow Maps not working

bikeinator

Im trying to make a power armor with a glow on the texture useing Colossus armors as a base the glow that i made only seems to work on the helmet can any one help me get it working

I don't know what Colossus armor is. I have to assume that it is a type of custom armor from a mod that you assume everyone knows about.

If you are copying and modifying the custom textures of another user mod, then are you doing anything differently with the helmet textures and the suit textures?

Do the original texturesets for that armor include glow maps, or is that part of a new addition by you?

Are you working with Nifscope?

What i did was make Glow Textures from the textures there was a glow map in the original texture set for the helmet i made a new texture set and added my new textures in and placed the texture set in the clothing Objects. i do not use nif Scope and the helmet is the only object with working GLOW

What i did was make Glow Textures from the textures there was a glow map in the original texture set for the helmet i made a new texture set and added my new textures in and placed the texture set in the clothing Objects. i do not use nif Scope and the helmet is the only object with working GLOW

That is why your suit does not have glowing bits while your helmet does. Your helmet already has a glowmap, but you will have to create one for the suit. With Nifscope you can designate one color as having high luminousity for that suit mesh ( i normally use white ), then create a glow map with only that color and black. Everything that is not black will glow. The color of that glow will be determined by the corresponding portion of your regular full color texture map for the armor.

There are tutorials for Nifscope that go into better detail.

Everything that is not black will glow. The color of that glow will be determined by the corresponding portion of your regular full color texture map for the armor.

sorta. the white emissive and white _g map can be a bit anemic on color imo. It'll self illuminate the color thats in the glow map as well as the emissive color, otherwise it'll actually glowing white... kinda hard to explain until you are looking right at it on screen. Basically if you want something to glow nice and really red, just whack red into the _g map as well, or in the add some in the emissive.