Help Needed!

Dimmu666

I have a huge problem and I hope someone could help me. Just recently I tried to close OBMM but when this message popped up:

An unhandled exeption occured.

Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_crashdump.txt' in oblivion's base directory.

Error message: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

So I've still tried to close it but after a third attempt a message in the screen corner appeared and it mentioned WolfElf meshes folder. So I've tried to delete that WolfElf folder but I can't because once again a message about a problem appeared:

Cannot delete WolfElf: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

When I opened that obmm_crashdump.txt file and this is what I saw:

2010 m. balandžio 29 d. - 00:03:34

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

Type: System.IO.IOException

Error message: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories()

at OblivionModManager.MainForm.TidyDataFolder()

at OblivionModManager.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnFormClosing(FormClosingEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmClose(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And I have no idea what that means. :( so please if someone knows what to do, help me. :( Thank you very much.

I have a huge problem and I hope someone could help me. Just recently I tried to close OBMM but when this message popped up:

Extra information should have been saved to 'obmm_crashdump.txt' in oblivion's base directory.

So I've still tried to close it but after a third attempt a message in the screen corner appeared and it mentioned WolfElf meshes folder. So I've tried to delete that WolfElf folder but I can't because once again a message about a problem appeared:

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

Stack trace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)

at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetDirectories(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)

at OblivionModManager.MainForm.MainForm_FormClosing(Object sender, FormClosingEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And I have no idea what that means. :( so please if someone knows what to do, help me. :( Thank you very much.

It seems to mean what it says; the file or folder is corrupted and unreadable. that can fall in the category which may prevent the mod reinstall (one and the preferred way to solve the issue). You should locate the files from the mod and try to remove (delete) them from inside the Windows XP itself (using Windows explorer itself, I mean).

If that works you should try reinstall the mod, please report again if you can't delete the folder even from Windows explorer.

PS: Independent on the success or not, you should run the chckdsk on your partitions.

1.1.12 (Safe mode)

It seems to mean what it says; the file or folder is corrupted and unreadable. that can fall in the category which may prevent the mod reinstall (one and the preferred way to solve the issue). You should locate the files from the mod and try to remove (delete) them from inside the Windows XP itself (using Windows explorer itself, I mean).

If that works you should try reinstall the mod, please report again if you can't delete the folder even from Windows explorer.

PS: Independent on the success or not, you should run the chckdsk on your partitions.

Thank you! I'll try. :)

Well I still couldn't locate anything from that mod I decided to repair Windows. :D and it helped! :) I was able to delete that folder and close OBMM. Thanks for your help again! :)