Improper Installation

Songtotheking

Hey. Im really sorry if this is a dumb question or if i am the 300,000 person to ask u this

I am having a difficult time with some of the mods. I download them. The problem is i dont get the whole thing because i dont copy all of the files and put them into the "data" folder, i just copy the GECK file (the one that always looks like a red toolbox). I do that because a lot of the files have the same names cross-mod. IE, i install one mod with a folder named "textures" and another mod with a folder named "textures". I cant put them both in the same folder because windows XP wont allow 2 same-named folders in the same folder. What do i do?

Thanx

You put them into the same folder. They do not actually overwrite each other, they append the original file. The stuff that you move will be added to the original folder no matter how many files you move into there.

Rabbit

COOL.

Now, the only thing i am having a problem with is the mod for eXcalibr, the munitions shop in Megatown. Where is it supposed to be? Also, why is there a cluster of exclamation points under my house as well as inside? (or does that have to do with eXcalibr?)

eXcalibr does not add anything in or near the megaton player house.

Rabbit -- you MUST install all the files included with a mod, or more specifically, those files and folders you are directed to in the installation instructions.

If you properly installed the files for xCal, the shop is easily seen. If not, then it is just one of the many <!> you must have in the your game.

Nope. No different. Try having a smoke with Colin if you are having trouble finding it. Especially at night.

Hard to miss a huge glowing red X.

Almost embarrasing to ask, but, i have everything installed for the eXcailbr Munitions shop mod. This said, i found it, i can enter it, talk to the vendor and what not. But those annoying exclamation points inside the building are... well... annoying. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled following your guidelines word for word. (Your Q&A said to look through the forums, which i have been do so for a good hour and a half and have yet to come on a solution that has worked for me.) I really would appreciate a little assistance. Great Mod though Earache, i really enjoy the weapons i have been able to gather so far, as well as how the mod developed alongside your character, rather then just having incredibly pricey goods.

those annoying exclamation points

positive sign of missing meshes.

triple check your installation and make certain you have 1 form (any 1 form) of archive invalidation activated.

triple check your installation and make certain you have 1 form (any 1 form) of archive invalidation activated.

I have archive invalidation, and have it running, the problem persists

I have archive invalidation, and have it running, the problem persists

then you are obviously missing a bsa or mesh folder from the mod in question.