distorted Texture after mesh-modding

i guess its simple to solve, but bad if u dont know how ... please HELP

after altering a bodymesh a bit (in Blender), the texture / the tattoos are distorted ... how can i fix that?

thx in advance,

grretz freddo

Without any comparison to how the tattoos should look when they are not distorted. it is very difficult to say what must be done in order to return them to their previous appearance. I should think.

Without any comparison to how the tattoos should look when they are not distorted. it is very difficult to say what must be done in order to return them to their previous appearance. I should think.

ok i had thought the problem would have been obvious, but how could u know, ur right;

so, second try ...

ok i had thought the problem would have been obvious, but how could u know, ur right;

so, second try ...

helloo? ... no one with an idea to *relax* the texture?

greetz freddo

You need to edit the UV Mapping a bit in Blender since you have extended the body (or at least raised the belly button) and changed the depth of the abs.

I would just edit the texture to shrink up the tat, etc. It will look too small in the dds file but it will look right on your mesh.

I would do something similar.

just reproject the texture onto the new (distorted)UV. the distortion will be corrected for, it'll look screwed on the texture, but the tat will appear correct on the mesh.

of course you have to make provisions for the fact the mesh discrepencies.

thx to all who answered, i will try to correct it;

... just had thought there would be a simply function in Blender, to correct the texture by seperating it from the distorted mesh, relaxing it, then bind it again in correct shape to the mesh; whatever, i will have to experiment a bit and learn about UV and that stuff ...

THX anyway !!!

for the moment i avoid the problem by using a more muscular tummy - the sixpack is a good replacer, at least until i solved the problem :cool:

http://www.ld-host.de/uploads/thumbnails/2df7eea2815877ac23bd49ea5258498e.jpg

greetz freddo