When is Elder Scrolls V coming out and what will

SpellAndShield

Man, if what MY little birdy told me is true, ES V is doomed. apparently it's going to be a Facebook based MMO :sick: And we all know that MMO = terrible mechanics and graphics, and facebook = your fatigue will come back a point an hour and will be used by clicking a button like "save Tamriel" where you are prompted with no visuals but instead a message saying congrats you got 12 xp, do it again?

If there is a God, nobody will let this travesty happen. ES is too awesome to sink so low lol

By the way, maybe we should make a pinned topic about the latest updates and news for TES V, so that topics like these won't appear ALL THE TIME on Nexus.

O_O

Well, I may be blasphemous for saying this; but even zelda (twilight princess) has a better combat system....

Oblivion is great and I love it, but even this one could have had FAR better combat (rolling sucks, counter and shieldbas is involuntary, no horsecombat, etc etc. Plus tweaking ofcourse, having to slash a person 10x is not too realistic). I hope very much so that this will see enormous inprovement in the one to come.

Man, if what MY little birdy told me is true, ES V is doomed. apparently it's going to be a Facebook based MMO :sick: And we all know that MMO = terrible mechanics and graphics, and facebook = your fatigue will come back a point an hour and will be used by clicking a button like "save Tamriel" where you are prompted with no visuals but instead a message saying congrats you got 12 xp, do it again?

If there is a God, nobody will let this travesty happen. ES is too awesome to sink so low lol

This is copied from www.uesp.net 's main page (5th May, 2010):

In an interview with Joystiq, Bethesda Vice President Pete Hines announced that the company is unlikely to announce any new games at this year's E3 event, which takes place from June 15-17 this year in Los Angeles. He did, however, suggest that an announcement was more likely at QuakeCon, which is happening from August 12-15 in Dallas.

He also scotched rumors that TESV will be a Facebook-based MMO.

Of course, this doesn't mean that there will be an announcement, and any announcement might not be about the Elder Scrolls.

aye, that's where the rumor came from. I almost forgot lol. I mean, even a top-down dungeon crawler like Diablo would be a better fate than that. I'd almost rather they didn't make a TES V than doom the Elder Scrolls to a fad like Facebook MMOs. Developers should NEVER give their big titles to current fads, like Social Network MMOs or FPS games. Once the fad dies, their franchise dies with it. That's what spin-offs are for, like the TES mobile phone games. If it dies, who cares, it only took like 20 minutes to make.

'Till it comes out, I'll keep on playing Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arena, Battlespire, Redguard, and Shadowkey (Plus the Mobile Phone games).

I'd love it if they did something like "Tomb Raider: Anniversary". Re-make all 6 games with "Crysis"-style graphics and package it in a big, expensive box set, and maybe release all of Travels on PSP and DS.