Fallout 3, Oblvion, or Dragon age origins

Keanumoreira

(Oblivion,not oblvion.)Who's better, which one is the best of the best?

I haven't played Dragon Age Origins.

I would say Fallout 3 over Oblivion, simply because of guns, I like shooting and being in real danger when going about.

Oblivion is great, and I would say its setting and area is better and more filled with interesting content than Washington DCs, but it's the gameplay, I like Fallout 3s gameplay.

Oblivion :smile: :smile: :smile:

is a good one, since you don´t play in "screenloads", but are able to explore the world through out without loading new screens all the time. That´s cool. The story however is a little weak, to my taste, making the game way too short, but many side quests. Grafics are to the better side, with very nice details..

Dragon Age :smile: :smile: :smile:

Has a way better story to my taste, but lacks side quests. Grafics are also much less detailed than those of Oblivion, but still OK.

Fallout 3 :sad:

Nice grafics, very weak story. Landscape very depressing, but that´s probably me not liking apocalyptic games.

Oblivion :smile: :smile: :smile:

is a good one, since you don´t play in "screenloads", but are able to explore the world through out without loading new screens all the time. That´s cool. The story however is a little weak, to my taste, making the game way too short, but many side quests. Grafics are to the better side, with very nice details..

Dragon Age :smile: :smile: :smile:

Has a way better story to my taste, but lacks side quests. Grafics are also much less detailed than those of Oblivion, but still OK.

Fallout 3 :sad:

Nice grafics, very weak story. Landscape very depressing, but that´s probably me not liking apocalyptic games.

That depression may weaken if you play Fallout New vegas when it surfaces. The new landscape of Las vegas and the surrounding desert didn't get hit by the atomic blasts, they were simply abandoned. So New Vagas doesn't have nuclear Fallout, it just suffers from deteriation.

That depression may weaken if you play Fallout New vegas when it surfaces. The new landscape of Las vegas and the surrounding desert didn't get hit by the atomic blasts, they were simply abandoned. So New Vagas doesn't have nuclear Fallout, it just suffers from deteriation.

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup: I´ll try that next winter, when I have time for gaming :wink: :wink:

Well. Oblivion of course.

Havent played Dragon Age nor do i intend to. Just more of the same.

Atleast in Oblivion you somewhat have the connection to Morrorwind.

This the real secret winner i think. :wink:

PS:

Beautifull butterfies and :turned:

I haven't played DAO. Of the two remaining I'd definitely have to say Fallout 3 (as if you couldn't guess, just look at my sig!). Oblivion just never did it for me, even with all sorts of mods.

On the surface they are very similar games, with even a very similar user interface. Fallout 3 being the newer title has some improvements over Oblivion in that respect. It'd be nice though if Fallout 3 had some things from Oblivion, like the multi-piece armors and the persuade minigame.

But if I could point to one thing that definitely caused Oblivion to fall by the wayside for me, it's the damned Oblivion Gates. Seen one, seen 'em all, especially the central towers of them. And how many of them do you have to close? I don't know, I never finished the damn game. It got tedious. Fallout 3 never felt tedious, and it had a wow-factor and immersiveness that Oblivion just never had for me. You could say I was hooked the moment I stepped out into the wasteland and gazed upon the bleak landscape before me.

I haven't played DAO. Of the two remaining I'd definitely have to say Fallout 3 (as if you couldn't guess, just look at my sig!). Oblivion just never did it for me, even with all sorts of mods.

On the surface they are very similar games, with even a very similar user interface. Fallout 3 being the newer title has some improvements over Oblivion in that respect. It'd be nice though if Fallout 3 had some things from Oblivion, like the multi-piece armors and the persuade minigame.

But if I could point to one thing that definitely caused Oblivion to fall by the wayside for me, it's the damned Oblivion Gates. Seen one, seen 'em all, especially the central towers of them. And how many of them do you have to close? I don't know, I never finished the damn game. It got tedious. Fallout 3 never felt tedious, and it had a wow-factor and immersiveness that Oblivion just never had for me. You could say I was hooked the moment I stepped out into the wasteland and gazed upon the bleak landscape before me.

You didn't have to close all of the oblivion gates, just one at Kavatch and a few others, including a great gate later in the main quest.

Oblivion :biggrin:

I played Morrowind on the xbox and got hooked :smile:

Then came Oblivion and i was blown away by the fantastic graphics, though i wish there was more interaction with the NPC's, now i have Oblivion on the PC and enjoy the game all over again with mods installed.

I have FO3 and completed the main quest, but felt something was lacking, it felt to me like the Main quest was a bit hurried, and could have been made longer forcing you to explore more.

I also have DAO but it's still in it's wrapping paper, i just haven't got round to playing it yet.