Question abou the screenshots

GreatLucifer

Awhile ago, I downloaded the Enhanced faces mod, elaborate eyes, and a few bodymods, and I was very happy with how much better everything looked..

Untill I started looking through the user images. How can I possibly make my NPCs look so downright incredible? Some of those screens are just hard to tell from a picture, what combination do I need / what am i still missing? My NPCs look alot better now, but not by a longshot like some of those screens....

Could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!

A lot of those images are edited in photoshop or GIMP. You're not likely to have ingame characters look like that, and if you did the game would probably crash due to the graphical strain.

-Razorpony

To be fair, though, it's pretty obvious from some of the best screenshots that prior to photo editing, the screenshot was taken with high graphical settings. For screenshot purposes, I tend to raise my graphic resolution and settings. It may not be playable for my low-end machine, but it makes for better screenshots.

Since your computer might be able to handle it, you can probably try upping your resolution and settings, download texture and other LOD packs (for environments as well, since you already have stuff for your character), and run using Bloom Filter + anti-aliasing (actually this is a personal preference; I think HDR looks unrealistic). Of course, make backups of your settings (Oblivion.ini in particular) before any of this, just in case you somehow ruin your settings and make it unplayable or unstable, which is very possible even for the careful.