Hard drive malfunction?

tsff19

Ok...about 5-6 months ago, my computer started constantly freezing and locking up 3-5 minutes after startup, forcing me to reformat my hard drive. Since this started happening after I installed fallout 3 (GOTY edition, by the way), I decided to not reinstall it.

But about a week ago, my computer started freezing again, in the exact same manner. After a bit of back and forth with Dell, it turns out the hard drive itself was broken.

Which brings me to today. I got a grand spanking new hard drive, but I can't help but think that its possible that Fallout 3 itself caused the old hard drive to break down. So I come to you, Nexus forums, to ask for a "professional" opinion: Is it safe to install Fallout 3 GOTY on this new hard drive?

Ok...about 5-6 months ago, my computer started constantly freezing and locking up 3-5 minutes after startup, forcing me to reformat my hard drive. Since this started happening after I installed fallout 3 (GOTY edition, by the way), I decided to not reinstall it.

But about a week ago, my computer started freezing again, in the exact same manner. After a bit of back and forth with Dell, it turns out the hard drive itself was broken.

Which brings me to today. I got a grand spanking new hard drive, but I can't help but think that its possible that Fallout 3 itself caused the old hard drive to break down. So I come to you, Nexus forums, to ask for a "professional" opinion: Is it safe to install Fallout 3 GOTY on this new hard drive?

Yeah, It should be safe I have Fallout3 GOTY installed since last year & haven't heard of any "Fallout killed my computer!" stories either.

Hard drives do go bad.

I second that. I mean Fallout is a killer, but not on hardware. :teehee:

Additional you'd check your PC temperatures frequently.

Sometimes there is a bad airflow which can cause serious overheating.