.Grand Piano

SunnySummers

I just wanted to ask , if someone can make a Grand piano for use in Fallout3 . I have been using an Awesome Grand Piano Mod for oblivion, but I know nothing about converting stuff from Oblivion and I haven't been able to find a similar mod for Fallout3. I was wondering if someone here could make a static Grand piano that I can place in the player home (Victorian Manor) mod that I'm currently working on.

Thanks

I've send a PM to the author, a port would be the easiest way.

I hope that he can do something like this. I had one in Oblivion also and I'm keen on the idea for Fallout.

Rabbit

I've send a PM to the author, a port would be the easiest way.

Thanks. Any help in this regard is really appreciated. I didn't quite understand the concept of 'port' could you please elaborate.

In modding terms its making stuff work in another game. As Fallout is basically an upgraded version of oblivion/ using the same engine so many things can be transferred between those games. However, the rule is that you can't upload/redistribute anything that contains vanilla/ items from the original games, so therefore I asked the author for that. Of course, also if he doesn't have fallout if he would let anyone else use it. He uploaded it for oblivion and has the right to deny its usage for other games.

I thought a simple conversion was gonna be enough, but I wasn't aware of all the differences in nif format between Oblivion and FO3, so I think it'll need a little more work to get some of the detail textures looking as they should (black keys and gold parts especially). It also looks like the legs should be made a little taller, am I right? I was also thinking about adding open/close animations for the lid.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/thumbnails/566876-1274105413.jpg http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/thumbnails/566876-1274105605.jpg http://www.fallout3nexus.com/imageshare/images/thumbnails/566876-1274105670.jpg

Thanks TRfinck and Pronam for clarifying the concept of 'port'

Thanks HugePinball. I see that you're actually in the process of converting the piano for Fallout3. And from the pictures you posted, its evident that its gonna look as good as it looked in Oblivion.About the length of the piano legs, I agree they can do with a bit of more length.That being done The piano is gonna look perfect.

Thanks Guys. Thanks a lot for trying to help me. :smile: This piano is really important in my mod.

will there be some way to rig this into an overhead swing trap thing, like with the engine block or brahmin? how hilarious would it be to get a raider to chase you into a room only to be flattened by a piano? i know, absurd, but it's funny in my head.

will there be some way to rig this into an overhead swing trap thing, like with the engine block or brahmin? how hilarious would it be to get a raider to chase you into a room only to be flattened by a piano? i know, absurd, but it's funny in my head.

Haha, yes ! Or an acme anvil. lol