Moral Dilemma: Joining the Dark Brotherhood

Lioness446

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading back again I see what you mean, still doesn't change that the OP found the answer she was looking for, which in her case would be to not join the dark brotherhood, because she doesn't like the moral concequences (religion shouldn't have anything to do with that, non-religious people have morals too).

Personally, I'll happily murder pregnant woman and innocent children in a video game, if I choose to role play such a character. They're just data on my screen and as long as I see them like that it should be fine.

Edited by Valkasha

I am so afraid of what will happen in the afterlife if I join the brotherhood.

If by afterlife you mean the afterlife of you as player, then the safest route according to all major religions (or afterlife theories) is to follow you heart and you heart is clearly telling you don't do it.

If by afterlife you mean the afterlife of your player character, then it's all a matter of the role playing story you wish to create. I don't like the dark brotherhood because it's just a bunch of sociopaths. I would kill Astrid. But some other players wish to tell a different story, hence the options.

BTW, there is a mod you might find interesting in your style of play. It's called House of Horrors Alternate Ending.

BTW, there is a mod you might find interesting in your style of play. It's called House of Horrors Alternate Ending.

Do you mean THIS mod? If so, that's fantastic! Thanks for sharing that info.

Edited by LeddBate

Actually, I never completed that quest, not even once, for that very reason. I don't appreciate being forced into killing people. (even if he did annoy me a lot) The farthest I've ever gotten is being trapped in the altar inside the house, and when that other worldly voice (I never knew it was Molag Bal for the longest time) commanded me to kill another innocent person, I bailed. No daedric prince is going to boss me around!

You are forced into killing people the entire game. If morality entered in every time there wouldn't be a game. The only thing that is relevant is that the player makes the distinction between "fantasy" game and "real" life.

Bandits force you to kill them.

Animals force you to kill them.

Dragons force you to kill them.

Even heads of guilds you belong to force you to kill them.

All that killing is "moral"? Ha!!!!

You can run away from bandits

You can run away from animals

You can run away from Dragons

Yet somehow we don't........ But we complain when the game forces us to kill someone........

You're killing innocent people the entire game. Legion or Stormcloaks. People guarding a laboratory or a manor to be able to provide for their families.

The Joining the DB questline is 1,000,000 million times more interesting than Destroying the DB. I think that's what really matters.