Script Command

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the command for making an NPC/creature spawn at an Xmarker? I've used it before on myself with player.placeatme, but that won't work if I want them spawned elsewhere..

Could someone please explain?

Like Argomirr says, PlaceAtMe is not nice. It causes savegame bloat. In extreme cases, the savegames become unusable and you have to start a new character.

I prefer to put an initially disabled NPC/creature at spot, make it a persistent reference, and give it a reference ID. Then I would have a script on something which would use a line of code like:

AAScaryMonsterREF.enable

Thanks for the help, I've just been reading that part on elderscrolls.... I'm going to mix it up, since I think I'll need both functions. Will definitely put this in the (future) readme file.

PS: Haven't had trouble with it myself sofar. Only restriction I can't seem to work around is that for some reason I can't have more than seven guys following me...

Is there a way around this?

Question;

The function SetActorFullName appears to change the base object name, thus renaming all similar items (/actors). I can't seem to find the command for renaming a single object...

could someone help me out?

Thanks

EDIT: come to think of it, the dark-clone staff probably uses this kind of coding... which makes me think it's probably possible without obse

Well, that code might help me out in the future, but what does it have to do with renaming objects?

Nothing, the previous link shows the better way to spawn objects at a xmarker (like asked in the OP). You should start a fresh new thread to extend the questions. It's so to allow people knowing what the thread is about, bringing new solutions and help others with the same problem.

PS: For the same reason this thread should be named : How to spawn a NPC/creature at a xmarker?